Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pacific City -- Pacific Beach !!

Sorry, I didn't go to either!!!  At the Latimer Textile Museum, I was told there was spinning on Tuesday mornings, and everyone was welcome.  Patty graciously volunteered to sit and read while I talked to the spinning ladies, trying to glean any information I could.  Then I met Carol and Nancy.  Patty has always told me people love to share their craft ... not exactly my experience ... but I was proved wrong. They insisted I get my wheel and "get at it"!!  After an hour, I finally got the hang of it.  Now for more hours of practice!!!  Back home, I was actually able to produce my first skein.  Don't look too close!!
We did finally get to Pacific City ... but didn't have time for pictures.  The Dapper Frog caught my eye, so we stopped in to this upscale glass and chatchkey shop.  Turns out they have everything from $5.00 to $5000.00 in the way of glass art.  When I saw this guy hanging on the wall, he just made me laugh and I couldn't resist.
We hit the very small local grocery store for some dinner veges and headed back to Thousand Trails.  This is a really nice park ... with no one yelling at you to slow down if you go 6 miles an hour instead of the posted 5.  Dan's famous BBQ'd chicken hit the spot and ended another great day of RV fun!!!
Today we decided to become beach bums and I PROMISE I'll have some nice beachy images for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment