It's morning and I'm kind of dragging. I must be catching up on sleep because it's WAY past my get up time. I'm burning daylight as my dad would say. So let's get going!!
Here's two of the kitties that visit me every night, and sometimes during the day. Quite by accident I found that this one hides in the culvert under my driveway. I've no idea how he gets in there because it's VERY small. I might have to get out my shovel and clean out some of the dirt for him.
This beauty lives in the tree line between my house and the neighbor. I've no idea where the little one hangs out.
At any rate, it was time for breakfast to wake me up. While Walmarts veggies used to be perfect, they are sliding downhill. I got five small avocados, all of which are totally overripe. Makes them more spreadable I guess.
This was my first problem of the day. Anyone else have this SHOE problem? It's just such a long walk into the closet at the far end of the bathroom. This is right next to the bed so I just slip on a pair and go!! Okay, I cleaned it up ... which was a mistake because that's when I realized I had not vacuumed in a while.
And THAT brought up another problem. What the heck happened when I was gone? The robot guy didn't want to leave the dock. After resetting him three times, he took off, went four feet and ran around in circles. Nothing I did would change his mind. I even turned him upside down and cleaned everything. I paid a lot of money for this thing and it hasn't even lasted two years. I actually had to get out the REAL vacuum. Well that was no fun.
While doing that, I ran across this monster. Back in my scuba diving instructor days, I took a lot of trips to Hawaii and Mexico, hauling along a huge camera setup.
This is a Gates housing for a film camera, along with all the crapola that goes with it. I knew that somewhere I had the actual film camera. I began the search. Who knew I had not one, but THREE. I've no idea if they work any more, because no one does film nowadays. It's all digital. These should probably go in a museum somewhere.
That's when I found THIS housing. To be honest, I don't ever remember even using this one. It requires a Olympus C8080 camera, which I just happened to find in the closet.
This is a digital camera, which I could probably still use today except I can't find the battery charger. You know when you have that drawer completely full of cords and crap ... and you don't know what the heck they are for so you throw them away? Yeah, I think that's what happened to this one. Trouble is, it's 20 years old and no chargers can be found now, not to mention the fact that I could not get it IN the housing.
I even found this. I swear I never bought this camera. At least this one uses AA batteries and it WORKED, so I may get some use out of it. In all, I found three video cameras and two digital ones. Maybe I can donate them to a camera museum.
Then I got completely distracted with the new Z8 and Z9 cameras from Nikon. Mirrorless they are, lightweight and fantastic according to every camera guru out there that uses them.
That's when I realized I had wasted an entire day. Maybe some of those chargers are in my current camera backpack. But where is it? I literally searched this house from top to bottom ... every closet, under every bed. PANIC SET IN. WHERE IS MY GEAR? My D4, my D300, my 500 mm lens???????
I vaguely remember hiding it, but WHERE? All of a sudden, my saddle rang a bell. It sits on a rolling stand that has a big shelf underneath. I pulled back the blanket. YES!!!!! You dummy, next time write down WHERE you put it so you don't forget. What a relief that was!!
With a big sigh, I finally fixed dinner. Another leftover meatloaf special with the last of the Elks baked potato.
Here's hoping better things happen today. I've nixed the idea of a Nikon Z8 or 9. They are quite pricey, and since none of my old camera gear is really workable, I may just get a simple point and shoot underwater setup, if I can find such an animal. Yes they do have cheap plastic bags you can put your phone in ... or even your little camera, but they most always leak.
Today I'm off to pick up the last four Veteran quilts from the quilt shop. Since I don't have an ocean here to swim in, I'll be sewing instead. Hope you have a GREAT day!!


I listed my old "Film" cameras on e-bay and faceb.... and some hobbiest bought them. I have more I should sell too, like "Darkroom" equipment and backgrounds for portraits.
ReplyDeleteLike you that is for a day yet to come!
I like the extra cat photos. :)
I'm not good at taking pictures, however I admire people that do.
ReplyDeleteYou go girl, get that new camera!!
Frances:)
Yes Nancy in the summer I can have five pair of sandals sitting in front of the dresser. After Labor Day all but one go back in the closet . LOL
ReplyDeleteSue