WHAT??? It is 51 degrees this morning in sunny California with a high of 74. Apparently we are doing the yes-no-yes-no dance with fall. It just cannot make up its mind. In four days they predict we are back to 92 and it's already the middle of October.
Miss Kitters must have had a late night out. It's early and she's already sleeping. It's funny how she changes her sleeping spot from the window chair, to the chair behind her, to the bed, to the pile of quilts on the bedroom chair ... always a different spot every day.
She must be sensing my stress. Or not ... it's most likely she just wants to be petted. This is her FOOT notice. I'm here ... pet me.
Which soon turns into THIS if you don't cooperate. Just look at those claws!! She actually is much more careful with those daggers since she got swatted the first time for leaving claw marks on my arm. Now she reaches out, but doesn't touch. She's a very smart kitty.
This is the latest addition to the group. I haven't seen him or her before. Very curious these guys are.
I didn't really want to sit on the couch, so I got my act together and hit up Target. I wanted to go to Marshalls, but when there is no parking, you know it's a bad day. Target had maybe ten shoppers. My kind of store. I roamed around and came out with $10.00 worth of stuff. Not hardly worth the trip, so I headed home.
There were many phone calls asking about the Elks problem, to which I responded they are in big trouble now ... BIG. Everyone works ... so just who is going to run Bingo? I have my personal opinions, but I won't go there now. And I assure you it WILL NOT BE ME.
I took a few antacids and hit the fridge. It was time to feed my starter. I find it interesting that between these two, originating at the same time, both have a different sourdough flavor and smell. All the same flour, but different levels of sourdough flavor. I can tell the difference in the taste of the bread too. These hit their peak and are on their way down, so into the fridge they went. Maybe I'll bake next week.
I try hard not to couch sit too much, so on one pass through the sewing room, I spotted this. Time to get back to stitching the squares together into bigger squares. There is little sitting involved, since you have to get up three times to iron each piece.
Lunch was a treat. My first grilled cheese made with the sourdough sandwich bread I made. When getting my hair cut, I was gifted the biggest green tomato I've ever seen. She told me to make fried green tomatoes. I prefer them red, so it sat on my counter for over a week. YUM YUM!!!
Back to sewing, all the little squares are done, now to sew THEM together. Then there are probably 200 2 x 2 inch squares to stitch together to make the outside rows. This one turned out much better than I expected.
There were two more hours of phone calls where I explained I'm not doing anything about the problem. It's theirs, not mine. The good news ... I can go on any trips I want now and not feel guilty because I'm not at Bingo. There's only one other person who knows my job, and her health doesn't allow her to work that long. I think they are in for a big surprise!!
I wish my little buddy was here to make it all better!!! This is the "chase me" look ... see if you can take my toy away!!!!

There is a light at the end of The tunnel as for The organization you can become a 😎participant instead of an organizer Just don’t be persuaded to change 🌪️the chair, ✅Your blood pressure will thank you
ReplyDeleteStick to your guns kiddo. The stress is not worth it.
ReplyDeleteFrances:)