WHOA!!! It's 58 degrees here. What's going on!! My doors are open and the fans are bringing in the COOL.
I'm praying Dave and Marcia are not getting hit by the hurricane in Florida and that Arizona will still be on the map from the tropical storm from Southern Cali. At least Arizona can use the rain, maybe fill up Lake Mead again.
Around here we just had a lot of white clouds.
With nothing going on, which is a good thing since I was trying to recover from that terrible Board Meeting we had, I spent much of the day sewing binding on. Here's one down and three to go.
The entire rest of the time, I have been on the phone. Below are my thoughts for the lodge. Sadly, the King of the Magic Castle has resigned because all the discourse (CRAP) going on has affected his health. He is also resigning as Treasurer after maybe twenty years.
With that, 90% of the bingo volunteers, including me, are quitting. They just could not leave well enough alone. They wanted to be in charge ... to be the boss. They have gone above and beyond to make trouble for those running the program and making over $100,000 a year so our lodge would be the biggest donor to charity. They got their wish. We are done. Good luck ... you're going to need it.
We will still be doing bingo for a couple more weeks ... I wish he had told them no more at all ... so there may be a few more stories, but to be honest, I don't want to go back even one night. They made their bed, now they can lie in it. Absolutely no one knows how to run the place except one other guy and I. Neither of us are going to help them. There are consequences to your actions in life.
I know ... it's a shock .... but WOW ... I will now have Tuesdays free from all the stress. It's too bad such a great organization has come to this.
No more worries about getting a backup cashier!!!!!!!
BYE BYE BINGO!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear no more Bingo.
ReplyDeleteYou don't need the stress.
Frances:)
The ones causing the problem will try to blame those who made it work. You'll have to take turns monitoring those meetings.
ReplyDeleteIt's about time.
That is a shame that the King has developed health problems from dealing with the lodge...not worth it.
ReplyDeleteDon't let them talk you into staying...
Your quilt is beautiful and a veteran would love being gifted with a Nancy quilt.
Have a good weekend ! Pets to Kitters !
Sue
A couple of bad apples spoil the cart as the saying goes... Very sad situation that these few are ruining such a great part of your Lodge. Hopefully there will be a spy or two to let you know how the players react to the new regime. If I were you, I would not be available at all when the spoilers take over. Your quilt looks great and I love your binding choice, as it just sets it off. Take care.
ReplyDeleteAnytime a storm is a Hurricane, and it is predicted to "TURN", but your community is the bullseye if it does not turn...that always worries ya. ALL models said it was turning north, so that helped ease my worries. Told Marcia, if it has not turned when we awake Friday morning, we are out of here! It turned...thank God. So sad about Elks...hard situation you all face, sorry for that.
ReplyDeleteAs Mr. Ed said before, I really think you saw this coming and it would be just a matter of when … you’re at an age where respect doesn’t need to be earned… It’s deserved. If helping others is important to you, there are other organizations in your area. I’m sure that would be glad to have your expertise. If you wanna sit on the beach and watch the waves you’ve earned that right as well. Your health and welfare are more important to you than any chaos can generate….. don’t second-guess your Decisions👍
ReplyDelete