Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Panic Sets In

Laughing is good for you.  I gets you through the tough spots and makes you feel better when you're alone.  I try to laugh a lot, which is why I spend way too much time on my phone.  That's when I found this.  This is looking into the mirror by the bed in my Class A, probably in 2013 or so.  Keep in mind, he slept on it for a year now, before finally seeing himself in the mirror.  Turn your sound up ... WHO IS THAT??  Mr. Cooper makes me laugh a lot!!


But hey ... let's start the day off with some panic.  I made a quick trip to get fuel and mail my taxes.  Fuel is once again through the roof.  Yes, the problem lies in California's tax, but also their program to lower emissions.  

Here's the breakdown ... Calif Excise tax 54 cents.  Federal Excise tax 24.3 cents.  Calif gas emissions 23 cents.  Add to THAT the cost of processing gas and diesel in California AND big time producer profits, and you have a whopping $5.25 per gallon.  I'm thinking of buying an electric scooter!!!!  There are two roaming my neighborhood and they look like a blast!

A couple hours later, for no reason whatsoever, I decided to check my back account and see if the money had been transferred to pay the taxes.  

INSTANT PANIC!!  OMG ... they put the money in the wrong account.  That's not the account I wrote the checks from.  I raced to my computer and double checked.  Yessirree ... wrong account.  That would have been a nice surprise when I bounced a check with the Federal Government ... the one I despise the most!!

Another quick transfer and I think I am saved.  There's no way the post office could have delivered that envelope in one day.  Whew ... that was a close one.  It actually happened to me about 30 years ago and my bank was kind enough to call me and move the money over.  Nowadays, you don't get that kind of service.  I laughed ... sort of ... just a bit of a chuckle to remind me to triple check next time.

Another laugh ensued when it came to those carrot fries.  Whoever thought this was a good idea was wrong.  Maybe if they were deep fried in oil?  I cut them up fairly small so it wouldn't take too long to air fry them.  

I tested one half way through ..... RAW.  Almost burned, but that can actually give them more flavor.   I finally pulled them out.  Time for a taste test.  Oh good grief .... they tasted like carrots, and not in a good way.  They were stringy, tough and terrible.  Here's my hint of the day ... don't waste your time.  Go for potatoes or sweet potatoes.  These went in the trash.


Now THIS ... this is NOT a laughing matter.  I guess I'll call them today or tomorrow and force myself to deal with it.  I just hate problems like this.  I haven't paid them, so there's that, it's just having to deal with it that bothers me.  Of course there is always the threat of turning them in.


It's going to be a long day of problem solving at the Elks Lodge starting at 11:00 this morning.  If I'm really lucky, I'll sneak in a quick nap somewhere along the way.  That helps in the LAUGH department when it comes to bingo.  I'm absolutely determined to smile and have a GREAT night with NO problems!!




12 comments:

  1. I mailed our taxes on Friday the 5th...to my surprise the check for our 1st Q tax payment (mailed same day) hit our bank on Tuesday the 9th, clearing on Wednesday. NEVER had one go through that fast. During fake pandemic one took 10 days to clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ... that's fast! I got some interesting news on that, at least for us locally.

      Delete
  2. Cooper is quite the character.
    Grass looks bad. Hopefully they will pay up. You don't want to have to call the Ag Commissoner on them.
    Get some rest before Bingo.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy....Cooper is a hoot in the video barking at himself.
    Don't you love it when others make mistakes and we have to clean it up.
    Walk into Bingo with a huge smile....they will wonder what you have been up too.
    Keep your humor !
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head Sue ... SMILE!!! It works every time ... well MOST of the time.

      Delete
  4. Mr. Ed said Here is a full breakdown of the added cost:

    Federal Excise Tax: 18 cents per gallon
    
State Excise Tax: 51 cents per gallon

    Sales Tax (estimated): 10 cents per gallon
    * Fees:
Low Carbon Gas Programs: 22 cents per gallon
Greenhouse Gas Programs: 15 cents per gallon
Underground Tank Storage: 2 cents per gallon
    * Environmental programs $.33 per gallon
    * Refinery cost and profit $.65 Per gallon
    * Distributing cost, marketing, and profit $.65 per gallon
    * That’s based on $2.99 per gallon to the refinery
    California has the highest gas prices in the nation,
    If you decide to buy an EV , Car, some considerations, pro and con
    Yes, but a big no . Your federal incentive tax discount it’s only a one time fee. I will only Offset the first year. you’ll pay a higher tax rate for an EV car Your electric bill will go up only because you are using And electric car. (. or you could charge it at night at a reduced rate) You’ll be paying a higher excise registration fee for an electric car because you’re not paying sales tax on the gasoline that Been anticipated in the miles per gallon average

    California's rules start They mandate 35% of new cars sold must be electric or plug-in hybrid by 2026. That proportion will rise to 68% by 2030 and 100% by 2035

    Will I love my EV Car absolutely Does it have fantastic new Futuristic features absolutely


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking people will love the EV cars until they start charging you for the miles you drive.

      Delete
  5. Now that clip gave me a good laugh, the price of fuel is always changing goes up, comes down, goes back up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to go up for Easter and Christmas. Now it goes up and down MONTHLY!!! LOL

      Delete
  6. After reading about your Carrot Fries, we tried them in the frying pan with Vegetable Oil. They were soft, did not taste like carrots but actually tasted good. We plan to try them again.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your Bingo.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them. Me ... not so much!!! The oil probably made the difference.

      Delete