Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Maybe I'm Winning The War?

Guess what today’s subject is??  If you said skunks, you would be right.  Here in Skunkland, home of the stinkiest critter on earth, we are battling for every small square inch of space.  I know I'm not really winning the war, but the good news is I haven't actually seen that bugger in two days.  That's a good sign.

In need of sustenance, my C-rations included the breakfast of champions ..... Pepsi.
I spent two hours yesterday morning hauling not one, but TWO 12 x 8 foot panels to the fence line.  I might as well make it as difficult as possible for him.  He must snicker every time he sees one more panel laid out.  I also hauled out one huge bale of hay, two old pallets and one more gate panel.  It’s kind of like door number 1, door number 2 or door number 3.  I wonder which one he will try to dig under today?  

Well here it is ... ONE MORE HOLE right at the end of the line of panels.  It seems rather small ... it's only about four inches across and not even three inches deep.  I know he's doing it just to make me mad, and it's working!!

On the other hand, maybe that blast of wasp spray in the face was enough to make his trips here short and sweet, or at least keep him away from the fenced in lawn area.
Unfortunately for me, I can still smell Miss Jessie, even though she sleeps at the far end of the couch. Hopefully one day soon it will be gone for good.  Maybe another six baths are in order.
So this is the last day I get to put up the good fight.  I’m almost packed, at least with everything I could think of while being totally distracted.  I sanitized the water tank, checked the tires and loaded up everything on my list while the kids slept.
Big hugs and kisses to the skunk.  You won this battle, but in the end game, you will lose the war.  There are two pellet guns heading this direction along with a 9 mm.  My advice is to find another grub filled horse corral before you end up in my cemetery.



Ciao Baby …… it has NOT been nice knowing you!!





6 comments:

  1. Travel safely today! Now you can go and don't worry about these little devils! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think you need the 9mm. Like a 22 the bullets travel Thousands of Feet while the Pellets only go Hundreds of Feet. Only thing is you have to make the shot so they don't squeeze their glands.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your trip.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure it will be stinky, but it can't be too much worse than my back yard. The sun actually gets rid of it pretty quickly.

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm...nice bed of hay for the babies which are undoubtedly on their way if not already in the den. At least they only have one litter per year.

    Have a safe trip...loving our new dog Indy, such a sweet little girl, starting to get use to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure their den is on the other side of my fence near the orchard. I'm so glad Indy is working out. I love her name. She is the perfect partner!!

      Delete