Thursday, July 30, 2020

I Spy With My Little Eye .....

Ever play that game when you were a kid on a long trip, squished down on the floorboards of that old Buick, trying not to get whacked for making too much noise?  That was me.  Those six hour trips to Grandma's house in Kernville were long and BORING!

When we were allowed to raise our heads, we played the I Spy game.  Last week, I spied with my little eye THIS amazing treat.  I think it must be the best 50 cents I ever spent.  Walmart finally has something tasty!!

When I spotted the girl putting them up, I rushed over and grabbed not one, not even two ... but SIX!!!!  They freeze exceptionally well.
As you can see on my special six inch dish ware, this three inch piece of lusciousness goes even better with four tablespoons of homemade ice cream.  What could be better?  Perfect portions too!  I'm not kidding, this is the best pecan pie and the flakiest crust.  The apple?  Meh ...  However, the pumpkin was pretty tasty too.  I'm going back today for more!!
Every morning before I let the puppies out, I try to spy with my little eye, anything in the back yard that might bite, spray or otherwise make them too stinky to come BACK in the house.  Yesterday I spotted this lovely creature.  

This is a giant mesquite bug.  The red markings on his legs are barely visible but very cool.  What a strange creature!!  I shooed him on his way with my trusty broom.
Back inside just as the sun came up, I happened to spy THIS little guy.  This is the concrete wall jumping bunny.  Who knew they were so athletic?  He jumped up on top of a three foot wall, then down into the yard to snack on grass.  I didn't mind one little bit.  
I've caught him in here several times, but this was the first time I was able to snag pictures.  He came clear up on the patio.  Another mystery solved about just WHAT my puppies are smelling when they start tracking something now invisible in my yard.
In no time, he jumped back over the fence and headed to the water station, that little empty space in the middle of this picture.  This shows about how far away it is from my back step.  
That makes it pretty easy to get shots like THIS!  I spy with my little eye something tall and spiky!  Isn't he just fabulous?  He looks like he's been in a tussle or two, having lost the fight for the ladies along with some of the hair on his neck.  Gosh, I'd pick him in a hot second!!
I'm hoping to hear from Lazydays today.  They got the parts in yesterday to completely rewire my tow vehicle light hookup.  I'm hoping that solves my no-brake-lights problem on the Jeep.

The good news is that finally, thanks to FOUR phone calls about my missed garbage pickup, those two huge bags of stinky trash stored in my back yard are now gone, or at least in the finally-emptied bin.  Those of course attracted many new little things for me to spy with my little eye and a shovel, forget the broom.

For breakfast this morning, I'm channeling Marie Antoinette ... let them eat cake ... or pecan pie as the case may be.  Maybe that will give me enough energy to get outside in the 104 degree weather.






10 comments:

  1. Nice that the Rabbits are trying to help with your lawn maintenance. Hope you have a good contract with them.
    Love those little pies from Walmart. They don't have them here in Canada. Good thing or I'd be working out Twenty-Four Seven.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use a few more rabbits!!! Yes, those pies have sent me back to the treadmill.

      Delete
  2. You had some beautiful visitors. Jerry likes peaches but not peach pie. Every so often I buy one of those Walmart pies in the peach flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I didn't know they had peach!! Sounds delicious!!

      Delete
  3. WOW what a Buck you are so lucky being able to watch them. I live in Michigan and we hardly ever see Bucks in the summer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome ... hopefully there will be more to come!!

      Delete
  4. I too love those small 50 cent pecan pies at Walmart! I pick up 4 of them every time I'm in Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew they had them very often. I'll be on the lookout from now on!!

      Delete