Wednesday, July 8, 2020

And We're OFF!!!

Guess what?  No skunk pictures!!  Not because there are no skunks, but because I'm tired of them.  Yes, I made one more round of the corral before leaving, and you know the answer to this, there WAS one more hole.  I covered it up.  I just didn't have time between packing and readying the rig to take care of the problem permanently.  Hopefully they go away soon and don't destroy my back lawn.

Funny, they don't care one whit about the FRONT lawn, or anyone ELSE'S front lawn, nor are they invading any neighbor's back yards.  Someone said to spray for grubs because that's what they are eating.  That may be a solution for another day.

I almost made a big booboo before leaving.  I actually sat in the driver's seat and hit the brake release before THANKFULLY remembering I had not unplugged.  That's a sure sign of old age!!  I keep telling myself I'm not there yet, but maybe I'm wrong.
Off we went into the wild blue yonder, or rather the hot valley heat and smog.  Traffic was surprisingly light heading south on Hwy 99, but if you're traveling this direction, watch out for construction.  One third of Madera was closed up and all of Selma and Kingsburg were DMV driving courses extraordinaire.  There's nothing like driving on the side road hash marks.

Bakersfield is it's usual screwed up mess.  They've been working on Hwy 58 ever since I bought this rig.  Now the Eastbound lanes are split in two.  The first sign said thru traffic stay right until at the last second, on the right just before the big barrels and concrete blocks, the sign said STAY LEFT.  Good grief ... I almost missed it.  Ten minutes later one lane ended before the two came back together into four.  What a mess!!

So here we are at Orange Grove RV Park again.  You pick up your envelope taped to the office window with a site number, then go park.  It's every other spot, which I LOVE!!  There's nothing like not having to be extremely quiet.

I'm taking off rather early this morning, but not near as early as those two motorcycles who have apparently taken up full residence here.  This is something I've never seen before at this park.  I guess people have figured out they can live here cheaper then anywhere else.  Sounds like Thousand Trails to me.

A quick breakfast and I'll be back on the road in the cool morning air.  I'm so looking forward to 107 degrees in Quartzsite today!







6 comments:

  1. The Construction Season every travelers favourite. NOT!
    Wishing you the best at the "Q".
    Be Safe and Enjoy the AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to much was going on. Bakersfield I expected. It's a perennial project.

      Delete
  2. Have a safe trip. At least there will be crowds at the Q.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel safely, Nancy et al. I'm sure the 'kids' are excited to be moving away from the skunk too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are ALL happy to be done with the skunk, for awhile anyway.

      Delete