Saturday, February 29, 2020

The Icing On The Cake

My beautiful rig is back home, safe and sound.  Well, almost home anyway.  I picked her up at La Mesa yesterday for a measly $896.  Predicted rains Monday or Tuesday should tell the story about whether the slide repair fixes the problem.

I'm happy to say the commode is working also.  Yahoo!!!  It took me ten minutes of adjusting to get my driver seat back to where I was comfortable, and another five to turn off all the lights they left on, including the radio.  I began to wonder if someone SLEPT in there!!  This is just a random picture however, since she's parked over at the Chance Ranch until the paver guys leave with their trailer.
The rest of the day I spent sewing while the guys figured out how they were going to cover the steps. I appreciate that instead of slapping the bricks on, they tried several options before ending up with this design.  Such an improvement!!!
The icing on the cake for the day ... the contractor called as I was cleaning up some of the mess from the porch.  HE SHOWED UP!!  I was so excited!!  He checked it out, took lots of measurements and can even use extra pieces of wood he had in his truck.  

There will be some cutting of trim, but he's picking up replacement pieces this morning.  I get to do the painting, but who cares.  I might add he had the bluest eyes!!!  Sadly, he's married!  

To add a little decoration to that cake, I'm sick.  Yup ... I can't believe it.  Sore throat, runny nose, headache ... the whole smear!!  Maybe it's the Beer Flu!  Bad joke, I'm just kidding.  I'm debating whether to try and tough it out, head to the Urgent Care or just take the Z-pak I picked up in Algodones.  Has anyone gotten over this stuff with no help??

I'll be on the couch hugging my box of kleenex!!







12 comments:

  1. The patio steps look absolutely awesome! Keep their number for sure! WOW! Nice that the contractor showed up and sounds like he'll be doing the job for you! Glad you got your baby back and hoping she's in tip top shape for the rains :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... I like that they are finally covered and won't rot out like the front did.

      Delete
  2. Awesome looking steps, Nancy! A great colour, you will be able to see critters on them easily. :O
    Happy to hear that the contractor is coming through for you. He's lucky he has lovely blue eyes for being so tardy.
    Sorry about the bug you got. Touch wood we haven't got any this winter so don't know which way to go. Don't let too many days go by though without taking anything. Whatever you have in the house, take it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...that job looks great, and once they get to do the front steps it is all going to be looking great!

    Dad's last gift to some of us was his cold. The Theraflu Tea Infusion worked for both of us. You can get a pack which has 6 day and 6 night packets, I used up all the day and two of the night ones myself. That was back in December, lasted about 3 days, although the cough lasted another week or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to do a pickup order at Safeway so I can get something without going inside.

      Delete
  4. The changes made by the Pavers is a big improvement. Once the porch is finished it will be over the top.
    Lots of Over the Counter meds that will help get you back on track. Of course Arizona doesn't carry things we have in Ontario so that's why we stock up before heading south.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your castle.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure need something. Maybe I should think about stocking up when I'm healthy!!

      Delete
  5. The steps look great. And it won't be long now before you have the porch done. Do everything you can to nip your cold in the bud. Don't try to tough it out. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doug ... I'm just thinking how you guys were sick for a week. Ugh ...

      Delete
  6. I feel like I am always a day behind...the pictures you have posted of the work the pavers have done are beautiful. Glad you got your motorhome back finally; fingers crossed no more leaks.

    I had everything but the sore throat for my sister's arrival. I could not believe it I had just told Tom a couple of days before that it seemed like I had skipped getting sick this year. I did end up taking some antibiotics, I have for when I go in to see the dentist, for three days. I did some research on line and that did seem to help. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete