Saturday, February 1, 2020

SCORPION!!!!!!!

It didn't take long.  You KNOW how much I abhor these guys.  I'm pretty sure the neighbor down the street heard me screaming when I noticed this guy in my rear view mirror as I was combing my hair.  I will never go in there again without looking first.

Yes, he's in a million pieces right now and in the trash.  Here's the REAL scary part.  He's at the very top of a very high ceiling.  I was afraid he would fall down on my head when I went to smash him.  I'm pretty sure that would result in a house sale.
I tried to calm my nerves as the sun came up casting a beautiful yellow glow over the dessert, cactus and palo verde trees to be exact.  I can hear a hooty owl and doves calling in the distance.
The morning was spent waiting around for the moving crew from the furniture store.  My new bed frame was delivered and quickly set up.  I love it ... and now my pillows don't end up on the floor every morning.  They rather stick to the headboard and I actually got some sleep.
As soon as that was done, the Chance family and I headed off to a new-to-us theatre fairly close to the house.  Okay, it's 15 miles, but whose counting!  The movie I really wanted to see was Doolittle.  The recliner seats didn't hurt one bit, once Patty and I figured out how to get them to move.  You can literally lay all the way back and nap if you wish!
Dan bought popcorn and a soda, along with a small popcorn for me.  It cost more dollars than the movie tickets, so it's better if you sneak something in.  I have to admit though .... that popcorn was delicious!!
The movie was cute with crazy good animation of animals the good Doctor lived with.  Wait for it to come out on television.  The next on my list of movies to see is Jumanji with The Rock!!  No, it's not just his muscles ... his movies are usually pretty entertaining.  

Back in the daylight we stopped in at Serial Grillers for our usual cobb salad.  I swear, it's the best salad I've ever had with loads of smoked bacon and ranch dressing.  I don't like ranch dressing, so it's saying something that I love it so much!!
That's it ... a lovely day in sunny Arizona where the temps have been in the 70's.  Oh ... one problem did raise it's ugly head yesterday.  I discovered the dryer vent has become disconnected underneath the house.  Man oh man I'm not looking forward to fixing that.  There's loads of creepy crawlies under there with very little room to maneuver.  I've going to have Patty or Dan stand by with their phone at the ready to call 911 when I have the panic attack I see coming.
In the meantime, I'll try to enjoy this beautiful desert sunset and practice my breathing/meditation/calm exercises so I can gear up for creepy and scary!!




12 comments:

  1. Eeek! Hate that scorpion.
    Love the head board.
    I wondered about that movie. It looks cute. You sure looked comfy.
    Must not be a/c which is nice, you were in shorts. Often I'm cold.
    Yikes. Don't envy your next job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered sucking up (down) those small Scorpions with your vacuum cleaner.
    Thought you had that Dryer Vent replaced with a solid tube. That should not have come apart. If you fix it yourself just remember to breath and keep reminding yourself where the opening is.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your Sunset.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid if I did get them with the vacuum cleaner, they would find a way to crawl back out!! I did not replace the tube ... yet. I definitely do not look forward to THAT job.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful view. I really loved that area. Your bedroom looks like what a movie star would have. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no movie star ... it came from an inexpensive store and it was on clearout sale! I'm hoping it lasts at least three years!

      Delete
  4. IDEA: You, Dan and Patty go over to Home Depot around 9 am in the morning, there will be young Hispanics in parking lot looking for work...hire a skinny one to go under the house and connect your dryer with lots of Duct Tape. Pretend the home is Dan and Patty's and you and your motorhome are just visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's a pretty good idea Dave! I just have to put my big girl pants on!!

      Delete
  5. Whoa! Hope I never find one of things in my bed or on the ceiling for that matter. Be careful crawling in dark cool places. You know rattlers like those kind of places. Don't want to scare you but be careful. Have a big burly neighbor do it. (one you don't particularly like) You have a beautiful bed board. In fact the whole bedroom is very nice. Wouldn't show a picture of my mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm laughing Doug because you can't see all the junk from the bed I piled on the floor just for the picture!
      No No ... don't tell me about any snakes! I want to remain oblivious!

      Delete
  6. Love your views. Very pretty bed and bedroom. I would not be happy to see a scorpion above me at all. I understand the screaming.
    I cannot even imagine crawling under a house let alone one where creepy crawly things live. You are a brave woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't know if I can do it. I may have to hire a handyman for this one.

      Delete