Thursday, July 18, 2019

LOOKIE HERE!!!!!

Look who came back to see me!!!  It was about 4:30 while I was fixing dinner that I looked out the back window to see Buck again.  That's his name now ... Buck the buck.
He's so funny how he licks his nose and mouth from top to bottom every time he takes a swig of water.
This time however, he stuck around to nibble on the palo verde trees and the tiny bit of grass on the ground.  This kind of critter can come around ANY time they want!!
On the other hand ..... LOOKIE HERE!!!  This will be the reason all of those plants on my patio die!!  Late last night I went to open the door to let the puppies out.  I always turn on the light (it's a bug light, thus the yellow color) and check for snakes ... or coyotes.  I was pretty shocked to see this guy at the bottom of my steps.
I know they eat lots of bugs, but they creep me out.  I gave him a very wide berth ... they can jump you know.  How do I know that?   Because while sitting in my living room at the old ranch house, I spotted one on the hearth.  I walked over, gave him a poke and he jumped about a foot high and towards me!!  I screamed, climbed up on the couch and called my neighbor.  Needless to say, he didn't live long.

You'll be happy to know that THIS time I walked way around and moved the hose so he would run off into the yard.  Instead, he turned around and ran straight under the plant table.  I'm sorry Chance family, but your plant menagerie is probably going to die for lack of water.  I'm not going anywhere NEAR that table!!
In the late afternoon I decided to barbecue dinner ... it's so much cooler inside when I cook OUTSIDE.  I got my table back from the flowerbed (I'm sure one plant is a goner) and gingerly took the cover off.  Thank goodness there were no critters!!

Lookie here!!  I think I just might be getting this barbecuing thing down pat!!  
I have to say this is probably the best barbecued dinner I've ever made.  Chops were cooked perfectly (four minutes per side) and the zucchini was as tasty as zucchini can get.  I only ate one chop so I could extend the goodness as long as possible ... three meals worth!
Finally, the weather is supposed to cool off this week to highs in the mid 90's, lows in the mid 70's.  I guess that's cool-ER anyway, with chances of rain all week.  Maybe I will finally be able to get out of the house on a ghost town adventure!!  







10 comments:

  1. Nice to have Buck drop by for a drink and a snack.
    You are doing excellent with the BBQ it all looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice when Buck comes to visit. If you mist the plants with the Hose and your other visitor comes out just blast it with a hard spray. They don't like Rain or water.
    Be Safe on your Ghost Town Adventure and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea where the spider is, nor do I want to know!

      Delete
  3. "Buckie" is sure a beauty. That spider.....YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. It was mighty tasty, especially since there were no black burned spots!

      Delete
  5. Hi Buck! You make us all smile when you visit Nancy!
    The spider - I'd probably never leave the house. Creepy!!
    Nice job on the barbecue, meals for a few nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The secret is to only leave the house during the DAY time!

      Delete