Monday, July 1, 2019

Home Sweet Home

Here's Miss Jessie trying to stay cool in Quartzsite.  Although it was only 102 degrees, it took both of my air conditioners to get the rig down to a comfortable 80 degrees.  I finally found my one pair of shorts so I would be cool as a cucumber.

My first adventure arose when I discovered I brought food for everyone except me.  I scrounged through the fridge to find cheese sticks and peanut butter cookies, along with a couple of frozen pork chops.  With those temperatures, I wasn't going to cook.  I'll survive.
Here's a big shout out and thank you to Mister Ed.  He provided me with this i-pod full to the brim with music.  I just plugged it in and hit the road.  I don't think I listened to a single song twice.  I did sing along with Alice in Nogales once or twice, just for old time's sake.  This worked like a charm and I'm so thankful!!
I fueled up in Quartzsite before taking off in the early morning coolness.  Okay, so maybe it wasn't so cool.  It was 85 degrees at 6:30 when I pulled out of the RV park to pass under these amazing clouds.
I had the generator running and the AC on full blast as we passed saguaro's that looked pretty sickly.  The last time I was here, they were all fat and beautiful.   Now they are so skinny they look like they are dying.  It's a good thing monsoon season is right around the corner.
As I came into Casa Grande, the fields were full of alfalfa and corn.  They must be getting lots of water from somewhere!!
At last ..... heading in to Tucson.  Another 90 minutes and I would be home!  Too bad for us my one little AC unit couldn't keep up.  It was 105 as we passed through Tucson heading southeast.  92 degrees in the rig was a tad uncomfortable.  
By the time I unhooked the car and got backed in, I was completely overheated and a little dizzy.  I just kept trying to imagine this image.  A huge thank you goes out to Mr. Chance, who while watering the greenhouse transfers (more about that later), turned my house AC unit on.  In no time I straightened right up!!
There's so much to do, but I'm determined to take the day off and rest up.  As warm as it was, I took all the covers off the bed, to Cooper's dismay.  He just would not lay down on the sheets.  What the heck?  We played an hour past bedtime before I threw on a blanket, on which he promptly went to sleep.  I of course, was wide awake.  

Today I'll be fighting the war of the wasps.





12 comments:

  1. Glad you had a Safe trip and now get to Enjoy being at Home.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and no ... home is good, but adventure in the desert is better!

      Delete
  2. Nice that you are back to you Tucson home safe and sounds, Taks care of the wasps, and now enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to head out to a few ghost towns very soon!!

      Delete
  3. Glad you made it home safe and sound. Always good to have neighbors that do those little things that make life wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS nice to have nice neighbors, and I think I have the best!!

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it
    dance like nobody's watching,,, sing like nobody's listening,,, and live like it's heaven on earth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right ... and I sang all the way to Tucson, thanks to you!!!

      Delete
  5. Good to hear you had a safe trip. Even though the sahuaros looked sickly, it's still a beautiful picture. One pair of shorts? No, that can't be. I think I have about 30-40 pairs. Get rested and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Elva ... you DO have a lot of shorts. I'm heading to the store today. One just isn't going to cut it.

      Delete
  6. Good to hear you arrived safely, don't work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try not to, but I have a long list. Hopefully I'll be getting OTHER people to work hard!

      Delete