Thursday, July 4, 2019

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

Picture Overload!!!   Happy Fourth of July ... full of fireworks!  Yes, you are right, it was July 3rd all these images were taken.  I'm not sure why Tucson celebrates a day early, but who cares when there's gorgeous fireworks!  This one I picked up on the internet ... don't you just LOVE this flag??
Lucky for me, the Chance household knew there was going to be a show right across the gully from my house at the Golf Course.  I've never seen a golf course/housing development put on a fireworks show, but who am I to ask why?  I had a front row seat right on my patio!!
I had my camera all set up and ready to go ... click click click!!
It was a little past my bedtime, but I hung in there, standing over my tripod, watching the police lights flash as traffic backed up.  
I admit it's not the flashy "lights with music" show you see in Havasu, but surprisingly (for a Golf Course) it was a very long show with multiple shots every time.  This rivaled anything I've ever seen.
I love the way they look like flowers.  
I'll be quiet while you watch the show.




Sorry for all the pictures.  I took 166 images.  I think I did good paring it down to only eleven.
That was it ... the final big blast which was followed by a long and loud train whistle.  I celebrated the THIRD of July with a big hit to my wallet.  I'm almost afraid to tell you, so I'll wait until tomorrow.  Now to celebrate the REAL fourth of July!!







18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Fireworks and hopefully your wallet didn't feel too much pain.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the real 4th of July.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fireworks, but always worry about the critters.

      Delete
  2. Those are some truly excellent fireworks pics. This compensates for all the irredeemably awful ones (like mine) that we'll have to slog through online. You should hold a class on your porch next year! Seriously!

    But speaking of instruction, do we have you trained or what? Blog comment sections are apparently kinda like husbands if you're afraid to tell us what you spent!

    On the bright side, you don't have to pick up our dirty socks & beg us to stop for a bathroom on road trips, so there's that.

    But come to think of it, you have us trained pretty well too, don't you. I went on a mini-road trip on the break last Memorial Day to check out some historic little towns in Deep East Texas + Los Adaes & Natchitoches LA. I passed a really cute Victorian cottage on a main st for sale & blurted out loud "That would make a great quilt shop!".

    Wait, what? Where the heck did that come from? I don't even quilt!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Leilani! You're funny!! It's actually very easy to take fireworks pictures if you have a camera with a "bulb" setting, meaning as long as you hold the button down, the mirror stay open. Small point and shoot cameras are more difficult.

      Delete
  3. Happy new yearπŸ’₯πŸŽ‘πŸŒ…πŸŒ πŸ₯πŸ‡±πŸ‡· and for our Canadian friends πŸŽ† πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!! I hope it's a good one for everyone!

      Delete
  4. What great display and right from you Patio.
    Thanks for all the great pictures.
    And Happy 4th of July to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have been in a better location. It was really fun to watch!

      Delete
  5. West Sacramento has their fireworks on the July 3rd also. But we didn't go see them. Thank you for these awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome ... I'm not usually one to go out and fight the crowds.

      Delete
  6. Great pictures, Nancy. Even better when you don't have to drive and park far away to take them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. It couldn't have been a better photo opportunity. Happy Canada Day!!

      Delete
  7. As I write this it is just past 10 pm pacific time and it sounds like the DMZ outside. I did like the Washington DC event with the fly-overs. And the NICE thing about having older dogs, they can't hear like they use to, so Skruffy is not in panic mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth? For the first time ever, Jessie wasn't freaking out. She slept right through it.

      Delete
  8. Great fireworks and pictures of them. Hope your 4th of July was a great one.

    ReplyDelete