Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Another Crazy Insurance Story

I won't name the company, but it starts with a "P" and Flo is their representative.  Now that they have raised my RV insurance cost over $1,000 in the last two years, they have also coincidentally, lowered the service quality.

In February of 2017 I got a bad ding in the windshield.  Naturally, I called it in and did the zero cost repair.  It didn't work.  Ever since, the cracks are getting slightly bigger until you can see it's broken all the way through the glass.

No problem .... call Progressive (oops did I say that?) and get the windshield replaced.  Since Mobile RV Glass was in town for the Escapade, what better time to get it taken care of.  I called "P" and after getting cut off, I called again to talk to Gil.

Gil said "go for it".  Here's the number to Duncan who handles all that for us.  I called Duncan, who didn't call back for two days, so I called again.  Destiny took my info, but instead of putting it through, she marked the case PENDING until Branden (female) called me back, which she did not.

I tried twice more, to no avail.  Finally I called the Glass company, who got ahold of Duncan, to push for the repair.  At long last, Duncan had all the correct information and submitted it back to "P".  Why, I have no idea since "P" told me it was up to Duncan.  I waited.  Then I waited some more.  Finally I called "P" to find out what the problem was.

Seems they couldn't find anything on my repair.  In fact, my entire insurance policy was PENDING.  Pending what??  They said I had an open claim.  What???  No one could tell me what it was because they have switched computer systems.  My original claim on the windshield was in the old system that no one could access.  Are you kidding me??

After scrounging in my rig for 30 minutes, I found the repair paperwork, but when I called back, I never could reach the original person I spoke to.  After explaining everything again to the now four people on the line with me, they discovered the 2017 claim had never been closed out, and so remained pending in the system all this time.  They decided to start my claim all over again.

Guess what ..... that means Duncan, who already submitted their info to "P", will probably have to resubmit under the new claim number.  But wait ....... that can't take place because it will now take "P's" computer system 48 hours to update and clear out the OLD claim before it can pull in the new claim info.  I kid you not.

Here's the problem ..... I'm leaving Saturday.  If I don't get it fixed here by a glass company that knows what they are doing, it will actually cost Progressive (oops) another $1500-$2000.  Not surprisingly, they didn't care in the least.  No wonder our insurance costs are through the roof.

And so I'm playing the waiting game.  At exactly 2:00 on Wednesday, I'll start calling everyone and complaining until I get some results.  In the meantime, the very nice service-minded glass company has now changed my appointment from Tuesday, to Thursday, to maybe even Friday.

What a great example of one hand not having a clue what the other hand is doing, and the first hand seems to be in LaLaLand.  C'est la vie!!

So to take my mind off how cranky I was getting, I went geocaching.  There's nothing like bushwhacking through the brush and cactus looking for a tiny container.  I'm so disappointed.  I haven't seen one snake the entire time I've been here.
This is the tiny container you would be looking for at this particular site.  See it hanging down in the center of the picture?  This was actually an easy find. 
There were a few beauties along the way to brighten my day.  Few and far between, but at least they are blooming.  What better way to spend a few hours becoming even more agitated because you can't find the cache!!  
In between all my frustration at the insurance company and not finding some geocaches, I stitched this charity quilt together for our little group.  Shirley was able to pick up a couple of huge bins of fabric for a song.  We'll stitch up a couple of different patterns and donate them to the Quilt Guild, who in turn will donate them to someone deserving.  
I have 32 hours left to contemplate how much I LOVE my insurance company.  A little more sewing and maybe a Craft Fair-Farmers Market in Green Valley will help sooth my soul.



7 comments:

  1. Oh my what a mess, good thing it is not a real emergency yet. Does not sound like any kind of customer service there at all. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah..Insurance companies. When my wife passed they refused to remove her name from our home insurance, unless I hired a lawyer to have the deed changed. I said it does not matter to me if the deed is in both names, why should I go to the expense to change it now? The lawyer can change it when I pass and the estate will sell it. So the insurance company changes the policy to may name and the estate of my wife. So I ask them if I go to any company for house insurance and they ask me my name and marital status would they put the policy in my name only. The said yes, but we have the history on you so we can not change it. I went down the street to a different company got the same policy in my name only. I was previously insured by the previous company for 35 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just crazy. I've heard similar stories Peter. It seems there's no common sense when it comes to insurance.

      Delete
  3. Insurance companies and there customer service are so "unique". We put in a claim for some cracked window panes at our house and surprisingly, after putting us through some "hoops" they decided each window has to be its own claim. This, of course, means we pay the deductible for each one. Which... wait for it...is more than the cost of the window repair...I know, what a surprise. We always joke when we are driving down our highways and see a beautiful big building it must be an insurance company and most times it is...LOL Seriously, if they pay out to many claims how would they pay for and keep up those buildings. Good Luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Thanks for the mention about the Craft Fair-Farmers Market in Green Valley, just looked it up. We were planning a drive over there on Wednesday to look at the area and now I have a fun stop to make...:)

      Delete
    2. Good grief! That's one I haven't heard before. I just can't believe how crazy they get. I think you're right .. insurance buildings are always fabulous!!
      You're welcome on Green Valley. Maybe I'll see you there today!!

      Delete