Sunday, June 24, 2018

The Dirty Deed Is Done

Out VERY early in the morning with my eyes still half shut yesterday, I finally finished washing the rig.  She's all sparkly clean, as long as you don't get too close.  REALLY washing it would mean climbing up and down a ladder.

Reader and Tucson neighbor Jan Mains (okay, they live about 60 miles away, but that's ALMOST a neighbor in RV land) knows about the dangers of ladders first hand.  She convinced me with her pictures of a broken foot.

I do use a ladder to climb up top when I absolutely have to.  I cringe when the RV ladder attached to the back creaks and groans under my weight, another reason to keep on a diet.  At any rate, she's clean for another six months.

Next time I just might make Lodi a vacation spot so I can visit the truck wash.  My first experience was a bad one though ... in Oregon where the brushes had more sand on them than the ground, they scratched it really bad from one end to the other.  Hopefully Blue Beacon will be better.
With no more bumps or bruises to speak of, I was done by 6:30 am.  Not being much of a clean freak, I gave the inside the once over.  Since there were no big chunks and no black widow spiders, I shook out the rugs and called it a day.

Except for the Damp Rid.  It was so damp, it was moldy.  How that's possible in this heat, I don't know.  Time for it to say bye bye.  It could also use a little foo-foo just to make it smell nice, so I opened another jar before opening the window and turning the exhaust fan back on.  It keeps the heat down inside.

So .... that was exciting!  Next I cleaned up some of the backyard trash, discovering the biggest black widow spider I've ever seen.  We grown them big here in the sandy desert part of California, about an inch long she was, until I beat her to death with a 2 x 4.  

I've never seen so many spiders in my life.  I suppose they do keep the mosquitos down, but their webs!!!  They are so strong, you could hang off the top of a building on one.  There are so many under the rig that I wind them up with a big stick.  Some day I'll have a great new attraction ... the biggest ball of spider webs ever.  

I spent the rest of the day trying to stay cool without the AC.  It's just too expensive to run very much.  I don't know if you have figured out your toleration level, but mine seems to be 82 degrees.  Much above that and I stand with the freezer door open.  Hey, it's cheaper then the AC.

Since I finished off the smoked chicken for lunch, smothered in mayo, apples and pecans, I cooked the last of a bag of scallops I found in the freezer.  Another reason to use it as a cooling device.  I get to see what I have that needs to be eaten.  They were delicious!
You would be proud of me .... I actually declined to work at the Elks Lodge Friday and Saturday.  Said I just couldn't make it.  Today however, is the big brunch put on by the prior mucky mucks.  My Bingo buddy needs help making waffles, so I said yes to 7:30.

I have no experience with waffles, only Krusteaz pancakes.  My part in that was to buy the bag, so I'm not sure how much help I'm going to be.  Maybe I can do the measuring.  At any rate, I'm off early to get him started before coming back home.  It's going to be another scorcher today, so there's absolutely NOTHING on my schedule other than sit in front of the fan and maybe sew a little.







9 comments:

  1. Glad to read that everything is starting to come together in preparation of your upcoming travels.
    We've noticed the high fuel prices for quite some time.
    Hoping the Infernal Machine works the way it's supposed to.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that machine works, I'll be thrilled!! Then I'll be gone, so if it quits, it's not my problem. LOL

      Delete
  2. Nice to get that dirty deed all taken care of. I washed our coach today on the nice sou rain water anon spots.
    Have fun making the waffles they are easy to make if you have the right machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous!! Yup ... waffles can be might tasty ... or not!

      Delete
  3. I am VERY proud of you!!!

    I've been to Blue Beacons all over the place but the one in Eloy, AZ, just south of Casa Grande was my only bad experience. And friends had trouble at that one, too. If that's where you had your problem, please, do try a different one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, the one south of Phoenix I told you about that we used was in Casa Grande...never used Eloy. NEVER use the car wash at the 49er Truck Stop in Sacramento...that is a mechanical brush, and it did damage to our 40 footer back in 2012.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Linda! Gosh ... I go right through Eloy. I'll remember not to stop!

      Delete
    3. I'll remember that Dave. Thanks for the heads up!!

      Delete
  4. Im totally with yippy in th he ladder fear. it sure goes chant seem that stable to me. Bill even has resorted to our extension ladder.
    As for the spiders, I simply could not live there!!!! Id never be able to sit still let alone sleep.

    ReplyDelete