Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Potpourri ... A Mixture Of Stuff

This is what happens when you don't have kids.  You substitute with THESE "kids".  It's truly better to have the real thing, because they can tell you where it hurts.  My two just give me the "look".  Instantly I know something's wrong.

Even though Cooper was getting better, I took him to the Vet early yesterday morning.  From 1 to 10, he said this little guy was still at about 7.  He's a pet lover for sure, as he held Cooper in his arms the entire time we were talking.  That might have been more for me than Cooper, I'm not sure.

Poor baby boy had to stay in the hospital in order to get good doses of meds to reduce the swelling in his spine before it impacted his spinal column.  Lovely conversation, yes?  I was almost in tears.  The good news is the x-rays showed no damage at all, everything is in it's place where it should be.  YAY!!

He should be able to come home right after lunch.  I can't wait!!
In the meantime, Miss Jessie and I enjoyed some one on one time, although most of it she spent snoring.  We got the best sleep EVER on a nice comfy bed last night.  Your bed not comfortable?  Just sleep on the floor a couple of nights.  
In the meantime, I went BACK to the Post Office to complain about not getting packages for the umpteenth time.  THIS time they called the driver, who told them she didn't deliver to this address because it was vacant, in which case she does not get paid for delivery.  

After explaining the entire I-live-here, the UPS store closed and took my mail with them, I have a post office box because I'm gone long periods of time ..... thing, they said they would call me later in the day.  Of course they did NOT call.

I'm still trying to track down two packages I haven't received.  No doubt they were returned.

Next up .... call the Credit Union and find out why my health insurance payment is not going through.  You can imagine how that went.   I left message after message and no one called me back.  Why is it always up to ME to figure out the problem and call THEM?  Still working on that one.

For those that care, you really CAN freeze hummus.  I bought a really big container at Costco and split it into smaller containers.  I took one out and left it in the fridge to defrost yesterday.  It was exactly like the fresh.  I've no idea why I took a liking to hummus.  It's never been on my love-this list until recently.  Kind of like how I hated pizza as a kid, then one day woke up craving it.

Angelina Jolie has commented on my blog.  Can you believe it?  She actually reads my blog.  How exciting is THAT????  Not really at all.  It was written in some strange language like maybe ancient Arabic.  I deleted all three of them.  I think it's rather funny they picked her name.  Obviously no one would believe Angelina really commented.  

It's Magic Kingdom day again.  Boy that came around fast!  The infernal machine is programmed and ready to go.  I did another test run yesterday and all seems well.  That's when I discovered a slot in the front.  Being a camera person, I instantly recognized it as an SD card slot.  

I grabbed the book and began to look for anything SD.  Sure enough, you can insert a card and transfer all the programming.  I scrounged around the house for an hour, looking for a card.  Surely I have one SOMEwhere!  AHA!!!  Found it.

I plugged it in, formatted it and followed the directions.  It said it transferred every last piece of data, not that I believe it.  It has caused me hours of grief before.  I took the card out and taped it inside the book.  If this ever happens again, we may have a shot at reprogramming it rather then spending hours figuring out those 25 departments and how often to hit the Text key.

That's it for today.  I'm gearing up to pick up Cooper, then rushing home to pick up the infernal machine and return it to Bingo.   In the meantime, where oh where has my refrigerator filter gone?




10 comments:

  1. Glad your puppies are being taken care of.
    Bonus that you saw the SD slot, hope the back up works if and when your need it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonuses are always a good thing!! I just hope it works.

      Delete
  2. I thought there had to be a way to backup that program! Now, and I KNOW you are going to balk at this...on Wednesday take it home, use the backed-up program data to be sure it works. I know that is scary...but better to know now that it indeed works than trying to figure it out 15 minutes before your bingo people arrive like pirates with knives in their mouths thirsty for their bingo cards... Also, YOU could probably write better directions on how to use the backed up data to reprogram the machine for those times you are safely away from the bingo mob in your nice little ranch home in Arizona. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you were going to say that Dave!! Hahahahaha More on that today!

      Delete
  3. Just remember if pictures of the Pacific Northwest come up on your Inferna machine at bingo night you'll know you used the wrong SD card,, but then again maybe your camera will tally Up bingo night just fine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I had that awful thought too!! No telling where this card came from.

      Delete
  4. ! Yes, you can absolutely freeze hummus! ... Freeze your hummus in an airtight, freezer-safe container and make sure you don't fill it all the way to the top because it will expand as it freezes.It'll stay good for about 6 to 8 months

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea you could do that Ed. Luckily this time I didn't overfill the container and it came out just fine!

      Delete
  5. So happy that it is nothing too serious with Cooper. My heart pings when things are wrong with Clemson. 😔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup .. me too. Hope Clemson never has a back problem!!

      Delete