Friday, June 8, 2018

Short and Sweet!

My plan was to show you the underground house just a small piece down the road, but things get in the way.  What I call the mucky mucks were visiting our Elks Lodge last night, meaning we got the best dinner EVER, with real tablecloths and napkins!  They cut up prime rib and barbecued it instead of the slow roast in the oven.  It was delicious!!!


That's when a problem arose ... they have committed themselves to cooking for a big crowd at the Merced County Fair today.  Everyone seems to be on vacation, or knows just how much work it is and have declined.  So Nancy has to go help cut up tomatoes, onions and lettuce while the other poor souls cook dozens and dozens of hamburgers.  Luckily I didn't get THAT job!!

Thing is, I have to be there at 7:00, a short hour away, so I'm just giving you a quick shot at the quilt I just finished.  It came from Astoria Oregon where I broke my steadfast rule .. always buy the backing material at the same time, because it has taken me three years to find one that matched.  Perseverance ..... it takes perseverance.
So I'm off ...... and taking along my bag of bandaids and tape because you know how I am with sharp objects!! 


4 comments:

  1. Like your quilt looks wonderful.
    Have fun at the fair slicing and dicing, hopefully not too many wounds in the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing with knives in the kitchen is always an adventure for me.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt! It would look wonderful on our bed but I can't afford it!
    Do be careful with the knives, you have me worried now!!
    Bottom line, have fun my friend!

    ReplyDelete