Sunday, June 10, 2018

Holding Part Two .....

It took Baldassare many moons to build that underground house, and it's going to take me one more day to relay the story.  My apologies to Baldassare since I first misspelled his name.  Oops!!!!

I received an emergency call yesterday from the Elks Lodge that their new endeavor at the Merced County Fair was extremely short of help.   I jumped on the speeding train.  Arriving at 2:00, I found seven people and a line of order tickets twelve feet long.  I kid you not, they were busy!!

The Sheriff was cooking burgers as fast as he could, but they just needed more hands and less chairs.  Less chairs because they kept sitting down instead of working!  I jumped in with both feet that are now killing me.  Within the hour, everyone bailed, leaving four of us to run the entire kitchen from 3:00 to 10:30 pm on a SATURDAY night.

I called out the orders, added the fixings and screamed numbers at the top of my lungs to people who could only hear the band next door and pumped out dozens of cups of drinks.  450 orders later I was pretty beat up.  Good news, I STILL have all my fingers.
I hated to leave them in a pinch, but I had puppies locked up all day and had to leave at 9:30.  This morning I'm heading back to cook burritos for the masses, followed by Burgers Elk Style.  I'll explain all that later .... the Sheriff's Department is holding my parking spot!!!



7 comments:

  1. My goodness you are sure getting you sharing of cooking done and working in the Kitchen. It does wear you out and really did a number in me after 10 years 6 days a week,. Life is more relaxing one again.
    You can soon relax again as well, maybe???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George, it's crazy just how much work it really is. People have no idea.

      Delete
    2. You are so right people do not realize how much work it actually is !

      Delete
  2. you jumped on the speeding ๐Ÿš‚ train,,,,,,,,
    you must've watched to many episodes ๐ŸŽฅ ๐Ÿ“บ ๐ŸŽผof soul train๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฟ

    ๐Ÿ‘Cool ๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿป

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did Ed. That and American Bandstand ......

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You really can't imagine until you've done it. Wait until you hear!!

      Delete