Friday, April 27, 2018

Trouble With A Capital T

You can tell by looking at this face that she's in trouble.  BIG trouble.  The day had come to take the big bandage off.  Miss Jessie is rather weird.  As I have said in the past, everything is hers ... including the bandage and her leg.  She decided she wanted to keep it and wasn't going to share.

Once staked out on the table, she finally relented amid growly growls as I snipped the bandage off.  It's long and ugly, so I won't show a picture.  No use ruining your breakfast.  I re-bandaged it to keep it clean.  That lasted all of ten minutes, as you can see by the look on her face.  She ripped the whole thing off.

FINE!!  It's the cone of shame for you, Missy.  This morning it looks really good ... three more days for the stitches to come out.  She's running and jumping everywhere, so it must be feeling good too.
Next to get in trouble was of course my gardener.  I clean out the sprinklers every year.  They do nothing to keep them that way.  How about a hit with the weed-eater to keep the grass at bay?  Steak knife in hand (the serrated edge works so well) I cleaned out 30 of these holes.  

When I turned the sprinklers on, I had two geysers almost as tall as the house.  HE JUST CHECKED THEM!!  Obviously he didn't walk away from the control box or he would have seen water shooting into the air.  I turned it off and began to water station by station.  
That's when "I" got in trouble.  I was stuck behind two large sprinklers and couldn't get out without running through them.  YAY!!  I made it!  Only got a tad wet on my legs.  That is until I sat down and realized I got a full spray in the butt, soaking me to the skin.  

The gardeners are supposed to show up this morning and we will have yet another talk.  Yes, I've talked to other companies, who want to charge me upwards of $200 a month.  UGH!!

Oh .... and my trip to the dentist!  I was in trouble this time.  Did I ever mention Dr Randolph?  He worked in the Mondo building when I was a kid.  Horrible dentist!  He drilled four cavities in baby teeth WITHOUT NOVOCAIN telling me it didn't hurt ... what was I crying about??

It took twenty one years for me to gather up the courage to go to another dentist.  Luckily I found the one I see now.  When I required a crown due to a broken tooth, he went out and bought a CD player and hooked me up, turning the music on LOUD.  His office girl, who has become a great friend, held my hand the entire time.  I was petrified!!

So when I heard the good doctor's son was taking over, I wasn't bothered.  I did however, get a lecture because I had not let them take x-rays for five years.  Mostly because of no insurance, not to mention I didn't want to glow in the dark from all the x-rays you usually have every year.  

Okay ..... x-ray away!!  WELL ... seems I have a cavity between two teeth on the top.  I didn't see a darn thing when he pointed to it, but I'm not a doctor.  Sorry, he will have to prove it before he drills.  I got a reprieve until next year however ... if it's getting bigger, he needs to do a quick fill.  I can deal with that since they now do in-house knock-you-out anesthesia.  I know, I'm a wimp.  All because of the first dentist I ever saw.

Next up .... gear up for the gardener conversation and get out the weed sprayer!!  Oh boy, what fun!



12 comments:

  1. When the Orthodontist POUNDED a few of my braces on, I thought I was going to die! He knew it, so did the nurse, I said, "Just do it! Get it over with!!!" "OUCH!" Took all my will to NOT grab his arm while he was hammering away....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds more like a torture chamber. We have come a long way!

      Delete
  2. During my growing years if we had a cavity the Dentist yanked them out before the freezing took place. When I started paying to preserve what teeth I had left I never allowed Freezing. It made the Dentists a bit nervous when doing a Filling or Root Canal. Wish I could have paid for them as a kid.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with the freezing. What is that? I'm guessing it's a Canadian thing.

      Delete
  3. If you get caramel candy that'll fill in the cavity holes
    Works like a champ next best thing put them in a jar on the nightstand

    As for the sprinklers heads
    https://www.zoro.com/seymour-midwest-kenyon-sprinkler-head-trimmer-4-in-85424gr/i/G1620875/feature-product?gclid=CjwKCAjwlIvXBRBjEiwATWAQIhn1NoJZ84CtEF5M1FfeNiwTVaJEuIKp2-LKfd8c03TdESXsgON2BxoClS8QAvD_BwE

    You don't have to put that in the jar but it works real good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying hard not to have to use the jar!!
      Those sprinkler heads look perfect. I'm checking on them.

      Delete
  4. Well, I certainly like the dentist that we went to in Algodones, Mexico. Definitely cheaper and freezing is used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freezing must be novocain? A shot to numb the pain? I've never heard it called freezing. I know LOTS of people who go to Algodones ... some happy, some not. It's all about the dentist!

      Delete
  5. Jessie with that face got to me! So innocent! ha ha
    I had a bad experience at a dentist as a teen, a very aged (OLD) dentist with shaky hands so years later my first dentist trip was only IF they could put me out. I had coverage from work so wasn't concerned.
    As for X-rays, I'm with you. I started refusing them on every 2nd visit because 'hello, they are XRAYS!'
    1 every 2 years is plenty in my books.
    Hope it worked out with the gardener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems we have become x-ray happy. I know it's a good idea to check things out before something bad happens, but I've heard too many bad things too.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like my childhood doctor. My oldest brother needed immunizations for school. Mom promised the rest of us it was just him. Then the doctor said might as well do them all while you're here. It would be three years until I needed those immunizations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See ... that's just not right! It HAD to be the money. Otherwise, why would good old Dr. Randolph fill cavities in teeth that were going to fall out within the year? Maybe the good old days weren't so good after all! LOL

      Delete