Tuesday, April 10, 2018

I Think I'm Blind Now

From now on I'm going to post pictures of my quilts BEFORE I stitch them together and wait two days.  Lucky for me Joanna caught a big mistake in my quilt even though it was making everyone else blind, or like Bill who found a secret message!!  I think the message was Nancy screwed up.

At any rate, the problem came from sewing the very first two pieces incorrectly.  I did it right 85 times, but on that last one, I switched two squares, causing THIS!!  Bless you Joanna, you've got good eyes!!
The problem was by the time I posted that picture, I had the entire thing sewn together.  YIKES!!  I called my quilter for advice.  Throw it away she said!!  Not really, but it's a very hard fix.  In the end, I was able to remove just two squares, turn them around and resew.  Much harder than it sounds.  The turning part was easy ... the sewing, not so much!  It's still not exactly correct, but the colors are right.
I got it fixed, but it's a tad bit crooked.  If you see another one Joanna, DON'T tell me!  Hahaha  Actually, I really appreciate her eyes because it would have been awful to have the quilter tell me!!  To fix the crooked, she will just quilt a big flower over those blocks!!  
Here it is now with borders sewn on.  Gosh, it still makes my eyes hurt!  You are getting sleepy ...... VERY ....   sleepy!!!
Up close (which is what it looks like in person) it's not so bad, although I do see it needs a good ironing before the quilter starts to work.
I spent the rest of the day trying to clean up my patio.  I've got furniture overload and something needs to give.  These two chairs, plus two more and a coffee table, needed to be washed down, as they are going to a good home on the other side of town.  

It's amazing just how much dirt is caked on.  Try as I might to wash it with a hose, it took several hours of scrubbing, not to mention baby spider killing.  The undersides were covered with black widow spider eggs.  There will be about 400 less this year as I squashed everything I could find.
Now to load these up for transport.  I'm hoping they all fit in the back of my truck.  Next up .... another one of those techie things.  I hate to admit I've been working on it for four days now.  My outside garage lights are on a timer that went haywire.  Seems they were on all day instead of at night.  So far no luck reprogramming.  I'll give it another shot today before heading off to the Magic Kingdom of Bingo.  Yup .... it's Tuesday again!







10 comments:

  1. My you are keeping yourself busy there as always, quilt is looking better, and the chairs all cleaned up. Now go have fun at the bingo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about the fun part George ... but being around my Elks friends is good for me.

      Delete
  2. Big mistake? No need to be so hard on yourself.

    I am impressed with how quickly you get quilts sewn together. While I think it will be fun to make one myself, I know I wouldn't get very far before something else takes over my attention. I have way too many unfinished projects of various kinds that just sit. So, instead, I will admire your and others' quilts.
    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Joanna, that was a pretty big mistake to miss. Mostly I sew just to keep busy. I have that personality that can't stand still for long!!

      Delete
  3. You can Always donate The quilt,,, just don't put your name on it
    It could be years before they find out the mistake
    Your your woman follow the directions on the light timer,,,,,we men don't follow directions,, so don't take our advice
    But might check the a.m./ p.m. setting
    Post Close up photo of Haywire timer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think alike Ed ... that was my first thought ... donate it!! You were right .... AM PM was messed up. Now it comes on, but doesn't stay on long enough. Still working on it.

      Delete
  4. I must say she does have good eyes I couldn't see it even knowing it was there. I give you credit for the fix. I think I would have been tempted to say, it is what makes the quilt uniquely mine. Another beautiful one by the way. I have to admit I envy your talent and patience for this type of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both Deb ... I didn't see it either!! LOL Thank you for the kind words.

      Delete
  5. Nancy the secret message I saw was, when are you coming back to the southwest.
    My first thought on the timer, was the same as Mister ed's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon Bill, soon!! I think you are both right about the timer.

      Delete