Thursday, April 19, 2018

Gotta Love Those Critters

As you know, it's a zoo in my house.  It's even worse this morning as I can't feed anyone.  Here's my Jessie girl not long after her arrival at my house.  She was rather rambunctious back in the day and decided to put my horses in their place.  She got stepped on, requiring a quick trip to the Vet.
She's getting old, my little girl ... thirteen at last count.  Unfortunately the last time I was in Oregon, she developed a large cyst on her hock which had to be removed.  As happens sometimes, the Vet didn't do a very good job.

What he did discover was cancer.  That required another surgery on her hind leg plus one on her front leg because it's gotten into the lymph glands there.  Weird, right?
Ever since then, her back leg has been great.  I have to say my Vet here is a good one.  Her front leg, not so much.
Terrible picture, but you can kind of see it has returned on her front leg.  A trip to the Vet yesterday confirmed my thoughts about it blowing out (causing irreparable damage) if we don't do another surgery.  It's only been a year since the last one.  

So this morning, my poor baby girl doesn't get any breakfast.  Making it worse, even though I tried to sleep in, Cooper was having none of it and we got up earlier than normal.  At the moment, they are both looking up and begging for food, wondering what the heck happened to Mom.  

Boy do I hate going through this again.  These are my kids and I don't do well when they are in pain.  The Doc promised to give me lots of pain pills along with that HUGE bill.  I'm going to need them more than Jessie.  
Wish us luck ... I'm getting out every lucky charm I've ever owned and lining them up on the table.   I'll drop her off this morning and pick her up Friday morning.  

On the upside, Cooper's heart worm/flea and tick/worm medicine was $98 for one year.  I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous!  But I paid it because they are my babies.  THIS time I decided to drop the flea/tick part since I haven't noticed any fleas or ticks in the last three years, for a savings of $40.  Almost half!!  

In the last bit of news, third time's the charm, after the first ten tries.  I finally got the outside security light control switch to work correctly, turning on at night and off during the day.  WOOHOO!!  I've no idea what I did really, but it's working and that's all that counts.


12 comments:

  1. Good luck with Jesse, hope all goes well for her.
    Now fixing the light and it works properly is wonderful, sometimes I have fixed things and not know how either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not alone when it comes to fixing things. Sometimes I just have to have a little faith!!

      Delete
  2. Blessings for Jessie and hugs for you, I know somewhat how you feel, I love my little one as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marie. I'm sure she will be fine. She's a tough old cookie!!

      Delete
  3. Hope things go well with Jessie...(((hugs)))

    Nice that the light is working properly. I have found that somethings should not be questioned...just enjoyed...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Deb. Thank you for the Jessie wishes.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. You know more about that than I do. Hope you're two are doing well!!

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, hope everything goes well with Jessie. I can't even think about the heartache you are going through. Take a pain pill, I would need something liquid to calm myself down! xo

    ReplyDelete