Monday, April 9, 2018

This Makes My Eyes Hurt!

Yesterday I spent time as planned  (I don't always do what I plan) cutting and hacking at the jungle in my back yard.  My gardeners tend to trim around the edges of the bushes.  The plants get larger and larger until you can't walk along the sidewalks.

Also, my garden hose disappeared while I was gone and I was determined to discover it's whereabouts.  But first ... let's trim this hugely overgrown rosemary bush.  As I started hacking away trying to be somewhat gentle with it, I actually discovered the hose stuffed completely underneath the foliage so they could trim the edges without cutting the hose.

I suppose they get points for not damaging the water hose, but really ... how about just trimming the bush?  I trimmed it all right ... at least 3/4 of it is sitting on the concrete.  The entire underneath was dead branches.

The pile is twice as big now, since the bush next door got a haircut also.  On that one however, I tried to just trim all the undergrowth and not destroy the appearance.  Wasn't I surprised when that HUGE black widow spider crawled over my hand.  Alas, she lives no more!!
I finally put my shears away and smelling of lovely rosemary, I went back to sewing on this new quilt.  This makes my eyes hurt!!  Doesn't it look like a pixelated picture?  It's okay if you're up close and personal, but certainly not here!!  Don't stare at it, you'll end up crosseyed!
After playing the ball game with this sweety, we watched another REAL ball game where the Dodgers beat the Giants 2-1 in the tenth inning.  Seems every game is going into overtime.
I'd like to say I cooked an amazing dinner, but am still finishing up the Nutrisystem chunks of chicken from the frozen wasteland of my freezer.  I get it now ... if you want to lose weight, you can only eat very small portions of meat along with vegetables or salad.  Nothing else is allowed, except an occasional treat for desert, void of flavor but cold, so you think you are getting something special.

I'm actually going to try and replicate those frozen dinners so I can continue on the program.  This month will be a test of the actual cost of trying to prepare and freeze this stuff myself.  I have to admit it's amazingly simple to just nuke a piece of chopped formed chicken for dinner.  The total ease of prep is a big plus!!


11 comments:

  1. Fried spaghetti is not new
    My mother (old-school Lithuanian )used to do this for leftover (any) pasta
    We went to and Italian restaurant and brought home some leftovers and that I had a bright idea but my bright idea didn't come out like my mothers but here's how it works
    You may have to cut and paste
    https://www.christinascucina.com/crispy-leftover-pasta/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea! Okay, I'm going to try it! Kind of like reheating pizza in a frying pan. I bet it's delicious!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Nancy, I found a rotated piece in your quilt. It's on the inside of the center ring on the left. Not cross-eyed yet. Guess I like squares and grids. Btw, do quilters like it or not when people point out rotated pieces when a quilt is still being assembled?
    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely ... and thank you Joanna! I can't believe I didn't see it. It cost me considerable work, but it's fixed. BTW never point it out if the quilt is finished! LOL

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. Glad it could still be fixed.

      Got it. If it's finished it's a design element. ;)

      Delete
  3. Yes I can see how that would make your eyes hurt, Nice you got the trimming done in the yard.
    fried spaghetti is very tasty so much you can do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fried spaghetti ... who would have thought? I'm gonna try it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Nancy, I don't know about a rotated square in your Quilt, but I did stare at it for sometime and I think I see a written message.LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Bill you're funny! If there's a secret message I will certainly never find it!!! You passed the eye test!!

      Delete
  5. I love a challenge like attacking a bush or plant that is overgrown. I take my clippers and go crazy! The Black widow is not something I have to worry about, THANK GOD!! shivers!!eeww.
    The quilt has screwed up Bill's eyes for the day, thank you. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Bill will be seeing double for a few days!!
      I hate spiders almost as much as snakes!! Luckily I don't have any of those!!

      Delete