Monday, January 1, 2018

HAP HAP HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Gosh .... another year has slipped by in a flash.  Wasn't it just yesterday that the internet-computer world was going to crash down around our heads ... Y2K or something?    I hope your New Year's celebration was a happy one with no hangovers for the New Year.  May Blessings rain down upon all of us for 2018!!
New Year's eve wasn't all that spectacular here, as fog crept in and blanketed the Valley, keeping temperatures in the low 50's.  The only thing on my To-Do list was to finish washing the rig.
In spite of a few minor mishaps, I finished scrubbing and rinsing about 3:00.  She looks 100% better, if you don't get too close.  In spite of washing, rinsing, washing and rinsing again, there are still streaks and spots I can't reach.  I figure the less time spent on a ladder where I might break my head, the better.
Cooper, Jessie and I sat around and watched the ball drop, which Cooper orchestrated for us at about 7:30 p.m.  
By 8:00, everyone was asleep on the couch.  If it weren't for all those other crazy people out there shooting off guns, M80's and fireworks, it would have been a quiet night.
Thankfully, it wasn't near as bad as it has been in the past.  Every time there is the slightest pop, Miss Jessie runs shivering to my closet where she hides in a dark corner.  I was sure we were under major attack when one BANG went off and actually shook the windows of my house.  Now THAT'S scary!!

After maybe 30 minutes, everyone seemed to run out of ammo .... or maybe everyone in my neighborhood is getting old.  At any rate, by 11:00 it was quiet as a mouse.

HAPPY 2018!!!

As for today, there is one thing to be said about washing your motorhome.  You encounter all manner of things that need to be repaired.  I'll work on those today and report tomorrow. 






10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Nancy sounds like a nice quiet one. Your rig looks excellent, soon time to get it on the road again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a pic of your "second home city" as we went by...it is on the blog. :) Have a GREAT and SAFE year, and I sure appreciate your daily blog. (I just can't do it every day myself...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be there soon Dave, and thank you for the kind words. It's easier for me to blog every day since I have no one to talk to! LOL

      Delete
  3. Happy new year,,,,, even if you do have two houses that you have to check the bullet holes in the roof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a happy New Year to you Ed!! You're right!! No holes here thank goodness, but I will have to check at the other end of the trail.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year and HAPPY BIRTHDAY too! We love you Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Nick and Terry. Love you more!!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year and what's this you forgot to mention. Happy birthday Nancy.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you both. Hope this year holds lots of good things for you.

      Delete