Wednesday, January 31, 2018

GOOD MORNING MOONIES!!

And a hardy good  morning to everyn wjo stayed insid and didn't let ehtr fingrs get froze!!  My typing is suffering a tad this morning since my fingers are almost frozen stiff, making it a little difficult to type.

The moon put on a fabulous show for us early this morning.  The first blue super moon eclipse, or something like that, in 150 years.  Imagine that ... that last people to see one were probably in covered wagons heading for California.  I was up early as usual, grabbed my camera and set up on my front walkway for the best view.

It was dark, as I toe tapped my way down the uneven steps trying not to fall on my face.  I don't care about breaking me, but my CAMERA?  No way!!  Just as I set up, the wind began to blow and the chill set in.  I spent over an hour doing the I-gotta-go dance, not because I needed to, but because I was trying to keep warm.

So here's a teaser ... something you probably won't see again for another 150 years.  It's amazing just how dark it gets when the moon is in the earth's shadow.
I'll get to working on those images just as soon as I drink my screaming hot coffee and warm up a bit.  I might even go back out and take some more pictures.





I'm a glutton for punishment .... I just went back outside.  Now to download all 124 images.





6 comments:

  1. Well, that is a great teaser. I need to learn a LOT in order to take night shots. One day I'll take the time. I can't wait to see which ones you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it Patsy ... it's easier than you think!!

      Delete
  2. One of the side effects of Sleep Apnea is Insomnia or just a restless night's sleep so staying inside where it was warm and getting sleep was more important. Glad you made the sacrifice for all of us and am looking forward to seeing more then just the Teaser. I need more sleep!
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just what you mean Rick ... I never really get a good night's sleep. Definitely sleep is more important!

      Delete
  3. Had we got up...we would have seen a partial here in Florida...but this evening the moon looks spectacular! (Saw it as we left church) ps: got the pump out, was easier than I thought...will write about it in a few days, still need to put it back together again after I get it cleaned up...soaking in lime-away type stuff over night, huge calcium build-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calcium .... that's interesting. All the bad water across the US I suppose. I know Arizona is the worst. Glad it's going well ... nothing worse than having sewer problems.

      Delete