Friday, December 15, 2017

I think I'm Smarter Now

Don't those bumps on your head denote your level of "smartness"?  I distinctly remember them being called smart bumps.  My recently acquired one is now nice and tall covered in wonderful shades of black and blue with a green tinge.

Yesterday's schedule included a trip to the Sewing Machine Doctor in Fresno.  When I purchased this beast which I absolutely love, there was an extended warranty that included repairs and a full cleaning whenever required.  If you do much sewing at all, you know about all the grunge that comes off fabric and gums up your machine.

My warranty with the store in Fresno (which cost me a small fortune) also included all the free training classes I wanted.  Trouble is, I'm gone too much and it's too far away to take advantage.  I wasn't happy I paid so much and got so little, so while it was having it's heart checked out, I went through a myriad of training classes, one right after another.

It was like learning how to operate a computer all over again.  That big blue screen on the right is just that ... a touch screen computer.  Yes, I've been doing several things wrong.  I even discovered there are updates to this ... just like updates on your computer.
In between classes, I found they have a huge selection of fabrics just made for quilting.  Since my favorite store in Clovis is closing it doors, this will be a great place to find what I need.  Not inexpensive by any means, especially since it's about a 75 minute drive from my house.

At lunchtime, I gave them a break.  Not willing to give up my great parking spot, I walked in my newest pair of cowboy boots to the local Mexican Restaurant for some tacos.  That was a mistake.  Almost immediately my feet hurt.  At least there was enough here for three meals.  Too bad I only got one.  I put the leftovers on the back seat of the truck.
At around 3:00 they finally finished my machine and I finished my classes.  I think I must be smarter now!!  That's when I discovered this beauty!  It's pretty spectacular in person.   It's made with my machine and a pattern I already have.  That sent me on a mad dash for the material, most all of which they no longer had.
I gathered up my bags at 4:00 and asked that someone please carry my machine out to the truck.  Actually, it's in a large case with rollers, so getting it there is not the problem.  It's lifting it into the tall back seat of my truck.  A nice gentleman volunteered to help.

I opened the door and spotted the leftover tacos just a tad too late as he plopped my machine directly on top of the box.  I thanked him and shut the door.  I didn't even want to look.

Traffic was terrible as usual, it being so close to 5:00, so I just tucked in behind a truck for the long ride home.  My tacos were mush.  The only thing still edible was the rice, although I did pick out some of the chicken.  

Exhausted, I contemplated the meteor shower.  I've never even seen one, let alone photograph burning things flying across the sky.  I'll tell you about it tomorrow because right now, I'm going back to sleep on the couch!!





8 comments:

  1. Nice that you got your sewing machine all tuned up and the classes that make you much smarter, Too bad about your Tacos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I got something for the price of the warranty!! Oh ... and 20% off everything I buy in the store, which helps.

      Delete
  2. You can always eat it all with a fork.
    You'll remember to move it next time.
    Be safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old community of Herndon is near Clovis...Great Grandpa MacDonald was delivering hay to Fresno in 1915, he fell off the wagon and hit is head on a rock and died before anyone found him. Buried there in Fresno...Great Grandma remarried and moved to Sacramento...Grandma was 16, married Grandpa at age 22, the rest is history making dad and all of my brothers Sacramento boys (sisters were adopted).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fascinating stuff!! What a history your family has. You would never know Herndon existed except for the name.

      Delete
  4. Question,,,, how can getting whacked on the noggin be smart,,doesn't it go the other way around
    Cool,, you traded the noggin knock for foot ache
    is that what they call upper and lower smarts 🙈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more bumps on the head you have, the smarter you are because now you know not to do whatever it was that caused the bump!! Hahaha

      Delete