Tuesday, December 19, 2017

I Should Have Known Better

Sometimes you just don't realize what you did until AFTER the results are prominently displayed for all to see.  This is me with the same hairdo I've had for the last 30 some years.  Change is difficult, if not impossible.  What can I say, I inherited my mother's hair, which is difficult at best.  After 60+ years however, I can at least make myself presentable.

That involves haircuts.  Now I know people who can go to any barbershop or salon and come out looking amazing.  I'm not one of them.  The last time I actually let someone try to style my hair 38 years ago, it caused her to break out in tears.  Yup ... she broke out in big tears because she couldn't get it to do anything.

Nowadays, I never let anyone style my hair, just cut and curl it.  Okay, sometimes I get color because I love the idea that no one recognizes me with red hair.  I always exit the building looking worse than when I entered because I fix it myself at home later on.  I wonder what people think when they see me come out looking worse than when I went in.

At any rate, THIS time my hairdresser called to tell me she was running 30 minutes behind.  No problem.  She also mentioned she was sick.  OH NO!!!  Unfortunately there were no other dates I could change to before the RV rally down south.  So I went to my appointment.  BIG mistake.

Nothing seemed to go as it had in the past.  While getting a perm, none of the times seemed to be what she had done before.  She  missed one step altogether.  She cut the back WAY too short and never touched the sides or the top.  All the while I was just praying she didn't cough or sneeze.  I surely don't need another sickness in my life.

I came out looking like a scarecrow with straw for hair.  I put on my dark glasses, ducked my head and RAN for the truck.  It's been four days and it truly doesn't look any better.  This picture was PRE hairdresser.  Today you wouldn't recognize me.  I should have known better!!

I suppose I could have gone to someone else, but it has taken me 10 years to train this gal.  I would never take a chance on someone new.  I will probably be house bound until I can get a handle on this mass of frizz on my head.  Maybe a hat would help!
Since I'm not even going out for groceries (don't want to scare the little kids), I've been rummaging through some of my images.  I found this one from Yosemite.  I liked it so much I had it enlarged and framed.  It was the only image of fall colors anyone got on that trip to capture the fall colors!!  All the leaves were on the ground instead of on the trees.
Speaking of cameras and images, I hooked up with my old College photography class instructor again for some private Lightroom lessons.  Seems everyone is changing over and I'm behind the times, so a little instruction is in order.  Which brings on camera envy ... from both sides ... but that's for tomorrow.


13 comments:

  1. That picture of you there I think looks really nice, I can see nothing wrong with it at all, Can't imagine how someone can screw that up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the BEFORE picture. The after one was pretty scary!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So true ... after a week, I can usually get a handle on it!

      Delete
  3. Kathy holds her breath every time she goes to someone new. Even though her's is a simple cut the last time she came out with one side two inches longer then the other.
    Good Luck straightening it up.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy is brave ... I just wait until I get home!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. If I did it would scare you!! LOL Maybe in a couple of weeks!!

      Delete
  5. Norm: what she saying is Photoshop won't or can't correct it ????
    I think it's cute but woman don't like to be called,,, cute
    So here's a solution go bald and get a wig
    It worked for Cher and L Vaira ( but then again no boys in his right mind was looking at her hair whatever color it was )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait ... I HAVE a wig somewhere!!! I might be able to fix it in photoshop, but it would take hours.

      Delete
  6. The last time I let someone give me a haircut was in 1988, $7! I started wearing my hair long in 2006...between '88 and '06 I did my own haircuts...yes it was not easy, but I had no one to blame but me if it was bad, and I think I cut it too short only once or twice during those times. Now I just cut an inch off my ponytail now and then...and I let mom cut off the ponytail twice (she had cancer back in 1998)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure wish I could do that Dave ... but to be honest, if I'm gone too long, I cut it myself also!!

      Delete