Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

The frost is not only on the pumpkin, the pumpkin is frozen solid.  After Thanksgiving, I changed out the Halloween wreath on my door for something more fitting of the season.  It's huge, has lot of red poinsettias and looks great on my castle door.  I forgot about the pumpkins still lounging in my flowerbeds, which definitely clash with the color scheme.

At 30 degrees this morning, it's a tad bit chilly.  The temperature inside goes down accordingly as well, which brings Cooper to my lap for a little warm as I sit at my computer.  I type one-handed since that leg requires an arm on which to rest.  I never said he wasn't spoiled, but you know that already!!
Going right along with the program, there's nothing better than a big bowl of hot and cheesy mac n cheese to warm you up.  It's cheesier since I used some of that great gruyere-like cheese I got at Costco, tastier because I added some ham I found at Costco (now you know why I spent $339) and just perfect for a cold morning's breakfast!!

As soon as I turned 18, I began eating anything I wanted for breakfast, mostly because my Mother said I couldn't .... things like cake, ice cream and mac n cheese. She was wrong ... you can eat ANYTHING for breakfast and you won't die.
I went absolutely nowhere yesterday, instead spending my time between the magic sewing machine and the couch.  Someone decided to do something in their back yard that made a horrible noise, like a  huge compressor that never shut off.  That made Miss Jessie, who doesn't like loud noises, go into shock.  

She refused to go outside, just sitting on the couch shivering for about five hours.  I began to get worried.  Even when it came time for food, she wasn't interested.  I have to be pretty sick not to eat, so I was afraid she was too.  Happily, she is back to normal this morning, now that the noise has stopped.  She jumped her normal three feet high for that yucky canned food and ran outside with no problem.  I guess it was just the noise.

Most of the day I worked on this quilt.  Although it does look much better in person than in this picture, I don't know what I was thinking.  It's WAY too fruh-fruh for me and purple is NOT my color.  As you can see, Cooper is never far away, waiting for me to kick the ball.
So ... wasn't THAT just an exciting day.  I did get some important things packed in the rig, like a couple of quilts, and decorating stuff for the Lost Horse Ranch.  I decided rather than buying MORE stuff, I would de-junk my present house and haul as much as I could to the new digs.  The rally pancake mix and syrup made it too.  The tables don't fit in the bay.  I think some reorganization is required this afternoon ... but only if it warms up.  Winter has arrived!!









14 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with your breakfast suggestions,, if you stop and think, they have all the essential daily food groups And amino acids to make you grow big and strong
    That's why I never could understand why you can only have cake and milk in the evening and not for breakfast but I guess mac & cheese if it's your guilty little pleasure,,,,, go for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly!! Let them eat cake anytime!!

      Delete
  2. You can eat what you want when you want, why not?
    Sounds like a wonderful relaxing day, just the kind that we enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to relax more, I'm just not very good at it yet.

      Delete
  3. I eat anything I want for any meal. No rules for me.

    I love that quilt and I'm sure anyone that receives it will too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to hear that ... at least I'm not the only one not following the rules!!

      I appreciate your kind words about the quilt ...

      Delete
  4. At least you don't have this horrible wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I think cold is better than wind. That's the time you stay inside!!

      Delete
  5. I eat what ever I want when ever I want just because I can. I love your quilt mainly because I love any variation of purple. It’s cold here in Damascus too .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty!! I imagine you may be colder than me!! Hope you have a mild winter.

      Delete
  6. Finally Back and glad to see you're keeping busy.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found a new sport that should be in the Olympics
    BUT don't have anything in your hands or drink anything while you watch the video
    You have to cut-and-paste

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WTd18Cuh0DM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cute? I wouldn't want to be the guys running along behind trying to catch up!! That's the prelude to bull riding!!

      Delete