Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Price of a Ticket!!!

I was sort of complaining about what I had to pay for the World Series tickets ($225 ea).  It's such a unique experience that so many want to attend ... willing to pay MUCH more than I did.  My good friend Peter is going to the game with me.  At 23 years my junior (no, it's not what you think .. I'm a cougar, but not a cradle robber!!!), we have been having fun doing everything from skiing every winter weekend to snorkeling to LOTS of baseball.  He suggested I sell the tickets for Thursday's game on Stub Hub, the site Giants use for resale.  When Peter said the tickets in my section were going for $850 each seat, I was in shock ... but got right on the computer and put them up.  It didn't take three hours and mine sold for $900.00 each seat.  That's crazy!!!!  It is a good start on my next year's tickets which will run about $5500 for 86 games .... that is if they don't raise it due to the NEW World Series Champions!!!!  I still have tickets for games 6 and 7 ........

In the meantime, I'm working on my quilting projects.  Figured I better get going if I was going to get this one done in time for Halloween.
After cutting and sewing ... finally getting somewhere ... I ran out of bobbin thread.  Aaahhhggg!!  For those sewers out there, it's a pain.  While loading the spool, the machine stopped and the bobbin holder flew out.  I spent an hour trying to get it back in and VOILA!!  I'm in business ... for two seconds.  Something apparently broke inside and now it doesn't work at all.  My 43 year old Singer (which still looks brand new) finally gave it up!!  It's not stitched together, but at least I got this far!!

DARN ... now I have to go buy a new Bernina!!!  When Patty was here, she and I found a great quilt store in Turlock that sells them.  The prices almost gave me a heart attack, so I'm going prepared with an oxygen tank!!!  Next up ... World Series pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment