Thursday, October 4, 2012

Busy Busy Busy!!!!!

As you can tell by the infrequent posts, I've been VERY busy with my good friend Patty.  We haven't stopped since we arrived at my house 10 days ago.  While sitting on the patio, covered with 30 days of dust, dirt and spiderwebs, Patty suggested we clean up a little.   This little guy joined the party so we left his corner a little dirty!!
The results were awesome and we have spent quite some time relaxing with coffee, enjoying the cool weather.
The bad part about the clean patio is that when sitting, you look out at the overgrown roses that need to be pruned and deadheaded.  Patty being the gardener that she is, couldn't stand it.  She soon had clippers in hand and was headed to the fence.  Well I couldn't let her do all the work alone, so I joined in.  Many many HOURS and lots of wheelbarrow loads later, they look much nicer.  Patty said it just wasn't long enough therapy for her, so she headed out to the front yard!!!  On one of our trips to Walmart, we found the clearance section of small solar lights and snagged several for the flower beds.
I dumped the tanks on the RV at the local ELKS campground and emptied the water tank.  It needs a bath, but we don't have time.  Remy went back to the vet for additional x-rays of his hind foot to see how the bone infection is doing.  It's better ... he's not limping when walking, but still requires more meds.  At least it is showing improvement!!
I think we have stopped at every quilt store in central California now ... found a great one very close in Turlock.  It's SOOOO much fun shopping with a friend!!  Last Tuesday we drove to Modesto to see Patty's son's new house.  David's birthday is coming up soon, so we took him out to a Thai restaurant for dinner.  Yummy!!!!  Oh ... and met Bacus, David's English Bulldog.  What a beauty!!!  As bulldogs will do however, he's rather slobbery.  Hard not to get any on you, he's so friendly and affectionate!!!

Next up we spent most of one day cleaning out two of my closets and taking things to Goodwill.  I can actually get in my closet now ... I'm so happy!!!  I think we hauled off 9 bags of goodies!!!
In the middle of all this cleaning and hacking of bushes (oops I mean pruning), Patty has cooked a couple of her great casseroles for me, which we promptly scarfed up.  We even broke out the barbecue and cooked some chicken (after checking how on the internet!!).  Surprise!!!  It came out really good!!
While I'm usually texting friends and checking my Facebook ... I just haven't had time!!!  Today is the first day we are going to take it easy and finish packing for Hawaii.  I did however, find this little nugget which we both laughed at and thought it worthy of sharing!!!
So while Dan slaves away in Vail Arizona at the new Chance Ranch, Patty and I are spending his retirement checks as fast as we can!!  She sent one package home already, along with a box of almonds (Dan's favorite) from Root Farms in Modesto.  The rest of the purchases have filled up the huge space beneath my motorhome bed to be delivered to the Chance motorhome in Indio.  Okay, not the "whole" underneath ......      LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment