It appears Blogger STILL has not gotten their act together. My "reading list" has not updated in days. So if you are posting blogs and I'm not commenting, that's why. I think maybe I have to copy and paste the blog address into my search engine to have them visible. There used to be a link where people could add their email address and it would automatically be sent to them, but I have not been able to find that yet. Hopefully they get THIS one fixed soon.
It's HOT. The mornings are not even worth going outside for. That's why I took this picture at 4:00 in the afternoon. Yes, it actually WAS cooler with the breeze. That's a tiny mirror image (sort of) to the right. It's the neighbors flag behind the trees.
I was out the door as early as possible. I turned the sprinklers off on this day so the weed stuff would work. Sure enough ... this was bright green, now turned brown. Possibly from the heat, but I'm hoping it stays that way. Though I love vegetables, I am just not a gardening girl, especially when it comes to flower beds.
Next up I went through the videos of foxy. Oh look ... he found another delicious egg hanging out on the driveway. These guys look pretty young ... maybe the kids of the kids from a couple of years ago. I really never expected them to come back after the house next door was built.
Once he ate his prize, he came back for more and got a little too close to the camera. I'm surprised he didn't knock it off the bucket. Isn't he or she a beauty?
Watch this one to the end. Just look at that gorgeous tail!!! Kitters got in on the action too. She was outside at the same time in the very early morning, hiding under the van watching them. Those darn interlopers!!
The best news of the day ... I got another haul of fresh tomatoes from a neighbor. What could be better for lunch than homemade onion sourdough with cheese and tomatoes. I was in HEAVEN! To be honest, I really didn't think this bread would set well with my stomach, but amazingly, I have no problems eating it at all. Does that mean it's all the additives they put in bread to keep it somewhat fresh?
At long last, only because there was nothing on TV, I put one quilt block together. I hate it when the directions are so vague that you really can't figure out what you are supposed to sew where. I stitched 16 pieces together, only to find I had done it wrong. It's just so fun to rip apart every stitch!!!
On the other hand, it's truly amazing what happens when you see a bunch of these with no rhyme or reason .............
Turn into this. Not sewn together yet, but you get the idea. I really wasn't thrilled with the colors at first, but I like them in the pattern. This came from a jelly roll of 20 different fabric designs. I'll work on it here and there.
Dinner was ...... well ...... dinner. I had some frozen shrimp. Truly, they don't even TASTE like shrimp, so I loaded it up with garlic and butter, a kind of shrimp scampi. The tomatoes were MUCH better!!!
And so ended a very hot day. Kitters and I both laid low in the semi cool house, just waiting for fall to arrive.
My tip of the day. If you remember to plug your phone charger in to the outlet, it will actually CHARGE your phone.
No, blogger does not have its act together, but you better as you were mentioned in our last post several times!
ReplyDeleteCute fox pictures!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Sunday..
Frances:)
Loving your new quilt blocks and yes, it is so frustrating when the pattern directions are vague and confusing. Nice photos of the little fox and Kitters is smart to stay "undercover." Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi Nancy, your meals look delicious and your photos and videos are delightful!
ReplyDeleteThe comments issue has been fixed for over a week now. The hard thing now is the Blogger news reader, which has been dead for (day 6) now! I have chosen another avenue for following blogs, all of which are free! I have a follow by email link on my own blog. You can also use The Old Reader or Feedly to follow the blogs you wish to, all these are free. Yes, it will take a bit of time to enter the website links of the blogs you want to follow, but once you do, it will be worth it, as you will be able to see when any new post appears! I myself only post twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays.
Hope all this helps you, dear friend.
We have been having the same issue with Blogger.
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised the Kits have not gone through your Doggy Door.
Even though not all the panels will match, your Quilt is starting to look good.
Stay Safe and Enjoy the AC.
It's about time.
The same here looking to fall
ReplyDeleteIn the last video, there is a blinking light under the van...what is up with that???
ReplyDelete