LIZARD COUNTER: 21
Good morning once again from sunny California. Our temperatures went through the roof yesterday, and I'm praying that was the end of it. It hit 109 in the next town over, where unfortunately, I spent most of the day. When I got up in the morning, it was 80 degrees. YIKES!!
Now that Blogger is putting up photos once again, this was the first thing that greeted me the last morning. Sadly, this one didn't make it. This is why the lizard counter is now up to 21.
In a flash it was time to head to DMV. I take back every single good thing I said about this place. Yes, the reservation system seems to be working better than sitting for two hours, even when you HAVE an appointment.
They called my number and I handed the gal the paperwork. I didn't received my stickers. "That's because you renewed it in person". No ... No I didn't. "YES YOU DID". I'm sorry, but NO I DID NOT. I paid it online. "If you have this paper, that means you paid it in person". I was almost screaming at this point ... I PAID IT ONLINE. THAT'S WHAT THEY SENT ME AFTER I PAID IT. Oh she said. Well if you get a late smog AFTER paying it, you have to come in to the office to get the sticker.
I thought your plan was to get people OUT of the office. You have moved absolutely everything to on-line to do just that. And now you tell me you are making it so we have to come IN TO THE OFFICE?
Yessiree ... that is exactly what they have done. They get the smog via electronic means. Why don't you just mail out the tags????
So that pretty much ruined my day. To make it a little better, here is a LIVE lizard who is only about 1-1/4" long and was hiding in my garage. Hopefully he survives.
From there I rushed off to the quilt store. These two bags had four quilts in them. Hopefully they get done by the first of October. No idea what the price will be because they charge by the inch of quilting. That's why a queen sized quilt will cost you $225 dollars depending on the pattern you choose.
On the way back, I stopped in for fuel. Did I miss something? Last week diesel was $6.79 a gallon. Now Chevron has it up to $8.59 a gallon? YIKES!!
I went across the street to my favorite station and STILL paid $7.46 for diesel in the van. At least I didn't need that much because the tank was already half full.
I thought I might be headed out to HORROR RANCH. Oh yes, it's soon to be October and Halloween time. Come to find out, the last gal I taught to use the infernal machine, owns that place. Who knew?? She asked if I wanted to help out. You know me, I'm all about Halloween scary things.
But on second thought, I backed out when I saw their hours ... working until midnight four days a week. Midnight and I don't get along any more!!
This boy ... he didn't care one bit about Halloween ........... just throw the ball Mom!!!

That diesel is absolutely insane. That would be like $250 to fill our truck.
ReplyDelete$430 to fill my truck!!! I have a big tank.
DeleteDiesel has gotten as high as 10 bucks a gallon over here. It is absolutely crazy!
ReplyDeleteFrances:)
And I don't know why. I usually watch that stuff, and there is no reason for it.
DeleteWas at Sams Club Thursday and guess who is selling Christmas decorations already??? Maybe they should just them year round....
ReplyDeleteI am not the least surprised. Same thing here.
DeleteBack in the 70's, my boss had a diesel and at that time, fuel was literally about 60 cents a gallon. Loved having the car to drive when he was on business trips. When did this procedure with DMV start with the stickers? A couple of years ago, I had an issue with my smog test (cause was a new battery installation) and I paid so I didn't get a penalty. When the car passed, my stickers were mailed to me. It's almost like they are making rules as they go and I have never heard this one. Take care.
ReplyDeleteIt used to be like that ... as long as you paid early, you still got the sticker when the smog was done. Not true any longer!! Now you have to go in to their office.
DeleteDon't understand your problems with the DMV. I receive by snail mail my renewal notice that contains my VIN & login info, log in on website, & pay. New registration & tag always arrives by snail mail in a timely manner. Web site is great, whole thing works like clockwork - same CA DMV that you use.
ReplyDeleteI knew I would be out of town, so I paid it 30 days early online ..... got the smog later. By the time they got the smog, it was after the due date, so now you have to go IN TO THE OFFICE to get your stickers. It's ridiculous!!
DeleteAha - smog check results go same day to DMV & are valid for 90 days. Clearly stated on renewal form is smog check required, so when you paid early with no smog check on record, that caused the mess. If as you say "they got the smog" after the due date, it's because you got the smog check too late. Let's not blame DMV for our own mistakes!
DeleteHi Nancy, I am glad to hear that Google has fixed the photo issue. Now let's hope they fix the news reader as well, which has been totally dead for several days now! LOL!
ReplyDeleteThis is why I am now following your blog using another method!
I added a couple of alternative options on my blog for those who wish to do the same. Feedly and follow by email.
With Feedly you can add the urls of blogs that you enjoy and that you don't want to miss any posts. I only post twice a week.
Sorry that the lizard didn't make it.
I enjoy your posts very much, dear friend. Thank you so much for sharing!
Thank you Linda. I was just going to mention that. NONE of my readers are showing up on my blog so I can read them. I'll try your method. Thank you!
Delete