Tuesday, July 28, 2026

HITTING THE TO-DO LIST!

I started the day off with a walk.  It was not the same without my little boy.  Having run the day before, it's better to walk and heal up a bit before adding fuel to the fire.  I have to keep reminding myself that muscle weighs more than fat ... and if I would just PUT DOWN THAT CHEESECAKE, I might lose a little more. 


As I came back into the house, I was reminded for the umpteenth time that I needed to tear down those cardboard boxes that have been coming every day.  Amazon is a curse when you're bored to tears.  


With that done, I was on to hooking up the charger to the van.  I suppose I could have just driven it 50 miles, but I wasn't in the mood.  At the same time, I did a little maintenance work.  I turned on the generator, then the air conditioner to give it a little run for the money ... which caused ME to run as fast as I could to turn the generator GAS on.  Just a minor detail.  


I didn't run it very long before getting completely distracted by my grumbling stomach and Kitters meowing for HER breakfast.  It was an easy choice ... croissant, scrambled egg and tomatoes.  I really did need to make a food order with Walmart, which will now be delivered at 7:00 am.  Those drivers must make a bundle to do THAT job!


Back outside I hit the weed spray once again before giving Kitters some attention.  She craves this brushing all day long and bugs me constantly.  I've noticed when she is inside, she positions herself where she can see me when she lays down.  If I move into the office, here she comes and sleeps right about where Cooper used to lay.  A sad reminder I must say.


When the doorbell rang, I knew it was Amazon once again.  I got yelled at in Maui because I didn't wear a hat in the sun.  Hmmm might not be a bad idea for here too since I do lay out from time to time.  This one is completely NOT my style ... after all, I'm a cowgirl.  It goes do one thing cowboy hats do not.  It rolls up into something akin to rolling up my shirts in my small travel bag.  I'm not saying it works, but we shall see.  


I then spent an hour talking to AT&T.  I've been with them forever and get a nice discount, so no, I won't change carriers.  On this occasion however, I was close!  One of my credit cards specifically for auto-pay got hacked.  They called me immediately.  That means a new card number had to be put in place for those auto-pay items, of which one was AT&T.  

Yes I changed it, but they did not pick it up and gave me a big RED X on my computer.  Really?  It's YOUR fault you didn't pick up on the new card number.  I got Thomas ... a happy guy who agreed with me how BAD their AI answering service was.  He fixed it, but it took an hour on the phone.

Trying to take care of "stuff", next up was a contractor to fix the rotted facia board and gutters.  I STILL have not found anyone who will help.  So I called the plumber to fix this faucet that leaks even when the supply lines are turned off and will NOT work when the hot water is turned on.

Believe it or not, I had to send them a picture.  "We don't see any cold water faucet".  Umm are you really a plumber?  That's because the ONE faucet turns both ways, for hot and cold.  I had to send them TWO pictures before they "got the picture".  I'm afraid this isn't going to end well.


Kitters and I watched a very interesting program about a Tour of Mars, right after seeing the program about the Challenger exploding.  Nope I'm pretty sure I will NEVER go into space!!  I like it just fine down here on earth.  Kitters slept the rest of the afternoon.    


And so I suppose I should gear up for tonights Bingo since I've declined to attend the last three mandatory meetings.  Everything has changed since losing my sweet Cooper.  I have no patience for foolishness.  Anyone else feel that way?  Maybe it's just my old age kicking in.  I'm hoping that changes soon, but I'm not holding my breath.  

Back to my TO-DO list!!!




2 comments:

  1. Cool hat kiddo!
    Happy Bingo Tuesday.
    The sweetest pic of Cooper.
    Frances;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitters is precious. Cooper is really cute.
    Kitters chose a beautiful place to relax.

    ReplyDelete