Sunday, December 17, 2023

To Buy or NOT to Buy!!!

 We are having a bad hair day, which truth be told, is every day.  It's way too early in the morning to be up and Mr. Cooper just wants to sleep.  He's in need of a haircut, which will happen later in the day.  It's not his favorite thing to do, but he appreciates not having knots that pull and make him jump.  Such a sweet buddy of mine.


I started out slow, by setting off my alarm at 5:00 in the morning.  If the neighborhood wasn't awake, they are now!!  Cooper ran straight for the door, and I opened it without thinking.  OMG that thing is loud!!

I too was wide awake in a flash.  Might as well get to sewing.  I made two of these squares for my RV friend Barbara.  The colors perfectly match a picture she has hanging in her new house.  Sadly, my camera doesn't really show the true colors, so I'll be driving down south next week to make sure they match.


I don't know about your house, but my house accumulates stuff like a pack rat.  The kitchen counter is covered with important things I can't throw away, but I CAN file.  Yes, I'm still doing bean counting.  That won't be completed until the end of December.  

While counting my OWN stash, I found I just might be able to afford a new truck.  Probably NOT this one.  This is a one ton (not dually) which I would LOVE to own, even if it does require a swig of def juice every so often.  Total price ... DRUM ROLL PLEASE ... $91,375.00 with tax, no license.  Yeah, that's not going to happen .... but maybe? ... NO says the accountant ...  but I sold that house!  The arguments in my head continue.


This one however .. is a 3/4 ton just like I have.  A beauty at $74,000 (including tax).  Add in another $3,000 for the in-bed hitch and probably the same for a big fuel tank.  Yes, I'm seriously thinking about it.  I love my current truck, but things are starting to fail.  At some point you have to weigh out repair costs versus just buying a new one.  So I'm weighing it out ......... this is a MAYBE buy!


Since it's Sunday, a day of rest, I'll be cleaning one room at a time before heading out in the cold to clean up the rig.  Even if I don't make it on time, I'll make it sooner or later.  Isn't it amazing how dust accumulates in those things?

Dinner was a mishmash of leftovers from the cupboard and fridge.  I don't know how old this pasta is and I didn't WANT to know.  I fried up some squash and onions, tossed in the pasta, tomatoes, parmesan and some cream.  Instant dinner ... and pretty tasty!  So tasty I ate WAY too much.


That's because I forgot what was coming.  Has anyone seen this yet?  It's instant cheesecake in a plastic container.  How could I go wrong?  You just dump it into a pie shell and stick it in the fridge.  I chose to make a graham cracker crust for more flavor.  

Of course I licked the spoon for a taste test.  Well .... I suppose it's edible, and now I have a quart of it to eat!  Remember, I do this so you don't have to.


Honestly, you do NOT have to and neither do I.  This is nowhere near the flavor of a REAL homemade cheesecake.  It might be better if you had an entire can of cherry pie filling to dump on top, or at least a cup of strawberries.  Having neither, I added caramel sauce.  

It was okay ... I ate it, but I won't be buying it again.  If you are desperate and need a dessert, it certainly is quick ... just not very tasty.  This is a NOT TO BUY!


The rest of the evening was spent watching the last round of the National Finals Rodeo.  My favorite Ky Hamilton tried to ride the 9th round reride he received, but didn't make it, hurting his broken rib even more.  He chose well when he passed on the 10th round bull.  It didn't matter because by that time he had already won the Average AND the Championship!!  Now he can heal up because the 2024 rodeo year begins January 1st.

So I'm off to cleaning and mopping and glo-ing.  The fun just never ends!!!




16 comments:

  1. Nancy
    I say at our age if you want a new truck and can afford it...GO FOR IT!!!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support Frances! I'm beginning to see the wisdom in that!!

      Delete
  2. Your current truck 'might' have a trade-in value of $8-9k, which brings the cost down to under $60k...but it is so hard in this strange economic world we live in now to part with that amount of cash. We too have been looking to move to a Class B, used at a cost of $65k up to $99k, but it is a tough decision. One thing for sure, our current motorhome is showing its age, how long before we need to replace an engine or some large ticket item like that???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to believe things have gotten so expensive. The safety value is what rings a bell with me. I do not want to be stuck on the side of the road somewhere. And like Frances said .. at our age, if you can swing it, go for it.

      Delete
  3. One thing I have discovered is that you only go around in this life ONCE. We have decided to spend whatever it takes to enjoy ourselves in our remaining years out of what we may leave behind for the kids to squander. We earned it the hard way, and we are going to enjoy it. Any that is left over at the end, then that's what they get.

    We have an Impala LTZ and it is very nice with all the bells and whistles. If you can talk yourself into a new truck, go for the LTZ. You will be happy you did. The Impala is 10 years old, and never been in the shop except for a 50,000 mile maintenance. We also have a Chevy Colorado pickup that is 8 years old that has never been in the shop.
    Bob does not know as much as he thinks he does about new vehicles. Don't pay too much attention to him. He is buying a new skid steer, not a used one. What does that tell you
    That LTZ would be great for you, no more worries about anything, and it would be bulletproof.
    Just my 2 cents worth, but hope to see a post in the future with you standing next to your LTZ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KennyD I think you took the words right out of your own mouth about Mr. Bob you’re not in his shoes and he’s only going around The sun once I think he would look good standing next to any skid steer he buys

      Delete
    2. Ok KennyD, you are right. I'm agreeing you only go around once and you might as well spend it. I already spent my money on a new skidsteer and am anxiously waiting for delivery. :O) Some times my two cents worth, isn't worth much. Enjoy your new truck Nancy.
      Bobseyes

      Delete
    3. Kenny ... I like the way you think. I've always been thrifty, so why not enjoy it. I might not be here tomorrow!!

      Delete
  4. Two trains of thought they’re coming out with 2024 At the Closest to MSRP Why not look at a 2023 at a deep discount Price from MSRP They need to get rid of their stock plus Dealers are not selling Pick up trucks like they used to The demand is just not there. Auction buyers are having a hard time finding good quality used trucks because people are not buying new equipment … Have Mr. C find you a good deal in Arizona That should bring you down to around 45, 55,000
    You won’t pay sales tax until you bring it into California unless you register it in Arizona or put it in an LLC in Montana I know you won’t do it but it’s a thought
    If you’re going to sell your pick up, find out what the dealer will give you if they buy it out, right It’s guaranteed to beat the trade-in
    Second training thought is take That Intended 60,000 and invest it back into the vehicle
    You only have minor issues, but to keep in mind You could do a total Mechanical restoration for less than 30
    Guessing your repairs won’t come anywhere near it and make u and your accountant happy
    Also, I’m guessing your tag tax and insurance is based on an older vehicle You might want to check with your insurance company, see what they would charge you for a 2024 vehicle
    One more Old train of thought, if you like it… fix it, … ride it into the ground

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried all the rigamarole for registering vehicles in Arizona. It's a pain in the you know what. Yes I could fix it and fix it again, but it's 18 years old. If all I did was drive it around town, it would be fine. Pulling trailers is another thing altogether. You are right about the insurance though. I'll keep thinking on it.

      Delete
  5. My vote is go for it. You've worked hard all your life, you deserve it and you just never know how long your current truck is going to last. There are bound to be some end of year deals out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell everyone else that ... maybe I should follow my own advice! LOL. I also should have started looking earlier!!

      Delete
  6. I like that cheese cake filling and new trucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can pass on the cheesecake ... but maybe not the truck.

      Delete
  7. Concur with going for it- only one life & you really have had a good run with your truck- besides the new trucks are much improved. I was wondering if a larger fuel tank is really required as have just the one home now & better deals can be found if take as is.All the best of the Season & look forward to the pics of the new ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm didn't think about that .... maybe not getting a larger fuel tank. Certainly I won't be traveling quite as much. Thank you for the new thought.

      Delete