Friday, December 8, 2023

Let's Party!!!!!

It's a cool 35 degrees this morning with some icicles and slippery sidewalks.  Believe it or not, it has finally been raining in California.  Not much mind you, but enough I can turn the sprinklers off.  

Yesterday I completely forgot to Remember Pearl Harbor in my blog.   Maybe there were some mentions here and there, but I heard absolutely nothing about it.  It was especially important because we recently lost our Pearl Harbor survivor Frank Paredes.  May all our heroes Rest In Peace.


Knowing Frank, he would have said LET'S PARTY!!!  So that's what we did.  After the MRI, headache intact, I got gussied up and drove to the next town over for some libation.  Doesn't this look yummy?


This is the Twelve Days of Christmas.  I think this was three French hens night.  This wonderful couple set this up every year.  The first year it was 23 days of Christmas, which turned into WAY too much booze in the garage.  Yes, it was C'vd time and it was held in their garage, better known as the freezer.  


It has since morphed into a 12 day pub crawl.  I'm not a drinker, but these folks are fun.  This is Santa's secret stache margarita, available at Chili's.  The rim decoration and the coaster came from the Mrs. seated at the table.  Deb must have been a popular name that year, because her name is Deb. 

This drink ..... I could drink it every single day, mostly because I think they completely forgot to put any alcohol in it.  It was tasty delicious though, and I drained it in no time.  No worries, I ate plenty of appetizers just in case.  

In no time there were 15 of us partying it up.  What a fun group ... and there are NINE more days at nine more places, one being the Elks Lodge.  Yes, Deb even made the coasters.  Winter Wonderland Wednesday.  I can't wait to see what the next night will bring.


Yesterday, the headache was still lingering, so I thought maybe some caffeine from that coke would help.  Well ... as you can see ... it might have if I had a ice axe.  The last time I looked at it, the top was on tight and I was sure it was frozen solid.

Apparently not.  At least I was smart enough to put it in a bowl.  This just made me laugh ... a science experiment of sorts.  How high will it go???  


There was a haircut somewhere in the afternoon, followed by a mad dash home to get ready for yet ANOTHER special meeting.  Some problems can be dealt with immediately, while others take an hour to hash out.  These are trying times it seems.  I finally downed two Tylenol along with a big slug of coke (not frozen) and by 10:00 pm I actually felt better.  

Another late night ... so I imagine you'll find me on the couch most of the day, though I'm determined to go for a nice long FAST walk.  This sitting around in meetings is getting to me.  Maybe I'll even take a hatchet to my frozen coke and enjoy a Hallmark movie or two.  You KNOW you LOVE them!!!!



12 comments:

  1. At least you did not put a un-open can of cola in the freezer like somebody I know did many years ago...oh, what a mess that made.

    As for these "12 days of Christmas" drinks, you don't have to drink a corresponding number of drinks to go with the day do you? Unless the glasses get smaller, I can't think of being able to drink "12" of anything and still be able to drive, let alone walk, home after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we did that, I wouldn't be able to stand up after the first two. I think some people had two, but most of us only had one.

      Delete
  2. That drink looks so festive. Meetings can be tiring. Hope you can relax a bit and enjoy the Hallmark movies.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These meetings have been very stressful, to be sure.

      Delete
  3. That drink does look good. Fun that Deb makes the coasters too.
    No, I DON'T love those movies!! (But i know who does!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I know too Patsy!! Deb makes really nice chatchkeys to help celebrate the season.

      Delete
  4. That headache have anything to do with pollen (Benadryl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it might ... and mold since it's been wet every night and not so sunny during the day.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you have the Christmas spirit. :O)
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 12 days look like a lot of fun with fun people.The headache is not surprising but what is that the Medicos didn’t suggest Tylenol.MRI is magnetic resonance & definitely the brain feels it- perhaps one more dose & all will be well.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try it. Still a little achey. I had no idea it would bother me that much. Thanks for the info.

      Delete