Friday, December 15, 2023

In Need Of Truck Advice Again

Oh look ... it's only 39 degrees this morning.  It's warming up quite nicely!  You can't see two feet past the end of your arm from the fog, but hey ... it's WARMER!

This kid ... he can make me jump faster than my horses when they saw a piece of paper on the ground.  He has two barks ... one is just "feed me" and the other is LOOK OUT MOM ... THERE'S SOMETHING OUTSIDE THAT'S GOING TO EAT US!!  No kidding ... I've had to get up and look outside four times already.  I have to admit, most of the time he's right, even if it is just a lizard or a kitty kitty.  He's also really good at wadding up a big heavy rug looking for the ball he just buried under it.


These are some of the things that run through my little brain after an epically long Elks Board meeting.  Five hours later I was yawning like crazy when it finally came to an end.  So many problems to iron out.  The good news is we have a great board this year, who can actually talk about stuff without any screaming and yelling.  Things actually get done ... a plus when it comes to organizations!


Here's the party crowd that has been trolling the bars all around town.  Most all of these folks volunteer in the Magic Castle.  Maybe that's why they all drink!  Just kidding.


So here's my problem of the day.  Way back in the dark ages, I bought a brand new Chevy truck.  I noticed right off the bat that it didn't ride level.  Come to find out it had a bent frame.  I had to sue Chevy to take it back and give me a new one ... which they did.  That's means every time I look at the back of my truck, I look to see if it's level.

It was not.  I thought it was just the air bags again.  Yesterday as I was showing off the antiques in the garage (hoping he takes them), I deflated the air bags.  Hmmmm it's still crooked.  I went around to the front and took this picture.  Yes my concrete is level because I checked that too.

It's really obvious if you look at the new shocks themselves, so I measured.  The passenger side of the truck is 1-1/2 to 2 inches higher than the entire driver's side.  Something is definitely wrong and I can only attribute it to the shocks.  Nothing has changed in the last six months except those shocks.

Anyone have any ideas?  I called the shop and am taking it back today, but I can tell you they already don't believe me.  This will end up costing me a fortune if I have to take it to Chevy to get it fixed.


So with the meetings taking such a big chunk of my day, there is nothing else to write about except this little nugget of information.  I've actually asked these questions many times ... how much does my hair dryer pull?  How much does the microwave pull?  It may not be exact, but it gives me a better idea of what NOT to plug in or turn on at the same time. 

Jonathan will be very happy to know he can have his heating pad turned on ALL the time!  Maybe I'll get a second one to sleep with!


I'm taking my truck in this morning to have them check it out, then I'm hoping to have a very relaxing do-nothing afternoon.  We shall see .........





14 comments:

  1. Nancy husband said they could have put wro g shocks on one side or they may have put wrong model on.
    They should be able to check them .
    Cooper sure is a cutie.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy husband says check air bags out too.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see where it is common for Chevy trucks to lean that way after so many years. A spacer can be put on the driver side to make it shift back a bit, but you would need to realign to be sure it is all adjusted right with that change. Did you not just fill it with fuel recently...that tank is on the driver's side adding more weight there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't know that ... so that may be the problem, but tank is only half full. That may also be the problem.

      Delete
  4. Mr. Ed said If your vehicle is 2 Wheel Dr., take it to your local garage and have them adjust the torsion bars it’s a very common and very easy fix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torsion bars can be adjusted? Yeah, it's 4-wheel drive.

      Delete
  5. Hope you are having a very relaxing do nothing day. Nice group you are trolling the bars with...lol
    By the way that Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup you posted about several days ago...delicious and filling. Tom and I just had some for lunch.
    P.S. one of those little trees would look really cute next to your stairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that soup good? Cheap ... filling ... tasty ... a winner! And perfect for cold weather.

      Delete
  6. That Cooper! Such a good watch dog and play dog. 😆
    Glad the board this year is able to conduct meetings appropriately and get things done.
    That list is interesting, yay for Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plastic bags were my horses nemesis. He would jump unexpectedly sideways causing me to pull a muscle or two due my slow reaction time. I'll admit to having to take the walk of shame once to find my horse waiting for me at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ... luckily I never lost my horse. They were always interested in what that crying sniffling thing was. Their flight response always seemed to be the strongest.

      Delete