Thursday, February 9, 2023

I Screamed!!!!!

 Well ..... we are back down to a chilly 34 degree morning.  Winter is still trying to hang out in Tucson.  That will be followed up with wind for the next four days.  I think it's time to go shopping!

For those that were Howling At The Moon in Yuma, here is what I saw.  I didn't howl, but there was a pack of coyotes that hung out beside my fence for a time.


I was up VERY early because I forgot to put Cooper out the night before.  I also had an appointment to get the oil, fuel filter and air cleaner changed in my truck.  Denny runs Ray Scott Automotive with his dad and just happens to be my neighbor.  

They open at 7:30.  If you want to be first in line, you better be there by 7:00.  That meant leaving at 6:30. For someone who gets up really early but never leaves the house before 9:00, that was a stretch, but I made it.

And then I waited ... for 2-1/2 hours.  He always checks out everything for me from top to bottom ... such a nice guy ... even checking the brakes.  Now I'm good to go.  This is an old picture, which is why there's no RV in the shed.


And then the day went downhill faster than a speeding train.  I found in my slug of 352 emails, a notice that our RV group had to file an exempt status with IRS.  I hate IRS with a passion.  Even more, I hate their website which is so complicated and convoluted that even Einstein couldn't figure it out.

The login information passed on to me was suspect, and it took over an hour just to get IN to the site.  Error message after error message popped up before I finally got it to work.  MAKE A COPY of this it said because you will never see it again in your lifetime.  It promptly timed out and I missed it completely.  I imagine the neighbors heard me scream on that note.


While I was already in a bad mood, I figured I might as well make it worse and go through the club email addresses that appear to be incorrect.  You can't change them ... you have to delete them completely and add them again.  I worked right through lunch.  I THINK I got it straightened out, but time will tell.

That's when I got the message.  "Nancy, you sent me a friend request and I'm already your friend".  I SCREAMED AGAIN  !#)&^@#$!!!!!  I spent another two hours on the computer trying to get THAT fixed because there is a separate email address I use for that and nothing else.  Of course none of my passwords would work.  

SO FRUSTRATING, only made worse by the IRS fiasco.  Honestly, that's the hardest password I've ever come up with, so I don't know how they were able to hack in.  The worse part ... keeping track of all the changes I had to make to every account to get it fixed.

Not quite at my boiling point, I was BACK on the computer trying to get a filter for my fridge water.  That did it ... put me over the top.  I gave up and went for snacks after SIX HOURS on my computer!!  

Though I thought I had lots of onion and herb cream cheese left, wasn't I surprised to find I was at the bottom of the container.  That couldn't be!!  I turned it over, to find that just like everything else, they have made the container even smaller by pushing in the bottom another 3/8 of an inch.  Big sigh!!!  I can't win.


The only bright spot in the day was when I took the garbage out (after calling the company to be SURE they were going to show up) ..... when I heard the lovely sounds of a cardinal.  They make such beautiful sounds, and not just a chirp chirp.  They warble on for five minutes, never singing the same note twice.  

I know, it's a terrible picture with my phone.  He was very far away.  I tried to tiptoe into the house for my big camera, but he flew off.  Thanks little buddy for making me smile on a frustrating day.


Thankfully the day ended, but I got nothing else done.  Hopefully today is a little better.  I'll be checking out Mr. Chance's new hot water heater being installed.  I thought water heaters lasted 20 years, but he tells me that Arizona water is so bad, they only make it to ten.  

The first one in this house lasted 8 yrs when replaced (the owner left all the paperwork), and that one is of course now 10 years old.  It looks like there may be a new hot water heater in my future.  One last SCREAM!!!


12 comments:

  1. Your scream was not as loud as my yell! Got us both new Windows 11 laptops, and after copying 380+ megs of photos over to the new 1 Terabyte hard drive laptop, I loaded my photoshop (which had to be compatible with Windows 8 mode) just to have the entire computer restart fail, can't get it past the initial black logo screen (which typically is a 1 second flash before that screen goes away)! Now I have to make a startup flash drive from Marcia's new computer (both exactly alike, so should not be a problem) and bring mine back up to "just out of the box" new, starting from scratch. GRRRRrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dave ... that does not sound like fun! Computers can be so good, and yet so BAD!!!

      Delete
  2. When I see signs like that Cardinal, they are reminders to me that no matter how bad your day is, life goes on. The sun will rise, the birds will sign and I too will get over this bad day and things will be better tomorrow.

    If no, screaming helps as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always smiling on the next day ... it's just getting past that ONE day that's not fun. Screaming helps! LOL

      Delete
  3. Yikes! I'm sorry. Hopefully today will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ironing things out on the computer is the hardest time I spend doing something. Glad you survived, and at least your onion and herb cream cheese wasn't really out of date. Ha. And nice to have a cardinal around. When I was a kid, I thought they often said my name. (No kidding. And even today, I still hear one saying, Judy, Judy. No need to call adult protective services....not yet anyway. I hope.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT just made me laugh out loud! I swear I hear people talking outside .. now I know it's the birds!! I have to admit though, they DO sound like they are saying Judy! That must mean good luck for you.

      Delete
  5. Yikes, i hate computer issues! I told Bill that your FB message was too odd and not to respond. Sorry you got hacked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shouldn't be hard to fix, but when you haven't changed your password in years, it seldom works the first time or two. I'm glad he didn't respond.

      Delete
  6. Another fairly ho hum day, right Nancy? Hope all works out in the end. Have a nice tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a new day ... it's always nice to wake up! LOL

      Delete