Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Running Through The Neighborhood

Good Morning California!!!  I'm trying to improve my countenance.  It really is nice this time of year, unless you are fighting the war of all wars with fire ants.  I do have to be careful since they are roaming the same back yard as my two puppies.  

I'm like a cutting horse pro and the puppies are the cattle.  I keep running interference to keep them away from the herd where bleach and insect poison now reside.  The bite of a fire ant would be even worse.

As a diversion from all the carnage, I went for a run.  Okay, it was a fast jog.  Or maybe it was a fast paced walk. Okay okay ..... so I went for a walk.  Just a walk around the neighborhood, but in the end, it was a 2-1/2 mile walk.  That has to count for something!!


Like most old folk ... and I AM old ... between the weight and my blood pressure, it's time to get out of the house now and then.  It's all that sugar my sweet tooth craves that gets me in trouble.  If I'm not careful, I won't fit into that tux any more!!

Beautiful trees are blooming everywhere, just not in MY yard.  I would love to be a gardener again, but I'm gone too much to keep an eye on everything.
 

This was pretty fabulous.  I'm not sure what it is, maybe ice plant?  It's actually growing in the gravel on the side of the road.  The picture doesn't do it justice at all.  


Once back at the house, Cooper just went crazy.  He loves nothing more than a walk through the neighborhood so he can mark his territory every two feet.  I kid you not, it's the slowest walk you will ever take.  


Even when he has nothing left to mark with, he marks ... just for good measure.  I'm pretty sure there's a doberman in this little body.  There are lots of dogs in this area ... BIG dogs with LOUD barks.  He talks back to every single one of them!!


Obviously all that barking tired him out.  He just got through kicking me with his hind legs because I'm taking up too much of HIS couch!!!  The good thing was he slept for over two hours.  That's two hours I didn't have to throw the ball.  I think this may become a daily habit for us.


In the meantime, I was able to finally finish the 400 inches of binding on this quilt.  It's a weird one ... and wasn't I surprised to find out it was a KING sized quilt instead of the QUEEN I was going for.  I even double checked the pattern after I saw it went almost to the floor on either side of my queen bed.

In my defense, it did look like a really cute baby quilt when it was hanging on the wall in the fabric shop, which is why I purchased this material.  As a king sized mammoth of a bed covering, it's not really my favorite colors.  Kind of blinding when you walk in the room.  


In the meantime, I'm learning more and more about my fifth wheel.  Today's lesson was on propane tanks. There are two and I have no idea which one is being used.  I'll make my RV report tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. You live in a really pretty area. Nice area for walking. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful for sure, lots of trees and nice houses. It was great for practice when I was running marathons. Now I have to force myself to go walk.

      Delete
  2. I was telling Marcia that when I take Indy to the Dog Park or the Library, she NEVER barks at other dogs, and only people IF they seem to be a threat to me (get to close, or make a quick move in my direction). That is SO NOT like Skruffy, who was like Cooper...needing to talk to each and every dog she saw or heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how different their personalities can be. Cooper's favorite is talking to the coyotes! I'd give anything to know what he's saying.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on getting out for your nice long walk. it would be nice to walk together, I wouldn't stop every few feet. 😂 But oh how I remember Clemmy's stops. He lift his left after doing it 20 times and a dribble would come out just to prove to us he had to go! I miss those slow walks now.
    I love that quilt - it would look lovely on our king bed! Nice job finishing it, the colours would brighten up your room for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true ... I would miss him terribly if he were not here to walk me down the street. They both have been my buds!!!

      Delete