Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Adding Insult To Injury!

Did you ever just want to throw in the towel??  I'm there.  Here's the latest hole in a long line of skunk trains entering my yard.  This time they were nice enough to dig a big hole right in the middle of my lawn.  I apologize in advance to all the animal lovers, but I'm buying a kill trap.  

I've spent every morning that I'm here for the last year going out with a flashlight before I can let the pups out.  It puts me on edge every single day making my blood pressure rise considerably.  I'm pretty much done.


Just to add insult to injury, the gophers have joined in the let's-make-her-scream-in-agony assault on my back yard.  This was a VERY big hole that leads to what I'm sure is a million dollar condo traversing my entire yard.  I ran water full blast (which usually works) down the hole for thirty minutes.  It never filled up.  It must be my magnetic personality that draws all the horrible critters to my yard.  UGH!!!

There was a little sunshine in my day yesterday when the Castle Lawyer called and said we should have lunch at the castle.  You remember the Magic Kingdom of Bingo?  It was total coincidence that the King happened to be in attendance, so we caught up on all the latest game plays.  

That's when we discovered that apparently the County rep lady in charge of sending "those" numbers (you know what I mean) to the State, has been sending the wrong numbers, meaning we were locked down longer than we SHOULD have been.  I wonder if maybe  that was NOT a mistake on that person's behalf.  Needless to say people aren't very happy.

Anyway, the crowd will again resume the most fascinating addictive type of gambling at the end of June.  That is if we can again corral the castle characters into coming to the castle and cajoling the carefree to spend their cash.  By the way, NO MASK REQUIRED.


 On my return home, I spotted two guys jumping over my locked gate by the RV.  Really?  It's broad daylight.  Come to find out, just before I ran over them, it was the guy I called to repair my wind-blown-down fence.  It's not good news that the measurement came to 181 feet.  I'll tell you about it tomorrow!

In the meantime I've ordered a few items for the rig, including these chocks.  I have two nice ones from the old rig.  I was pretty concerned when I saw the box these came in.  It was HUGE.  True to Amazon however, inside was a box 4 x 4 x 6.  What?

Apparently they made a mistake and sent me the chocks for the Tonka truck that lives next door.  They cannot seriously think these will work, right?  I require big honking tough muscle-bound chocks, not these kiddie toys.  They will be going back to Amazon's sand box.  

In the meantime, I'm shopping for traps.



10 comments:

  1. Yes, they will be dead...and eventually (week or two) the smell will go away. You got to do what you got to do. Can't wait to see how the insurance company tries to get out of paying for the fence...sounds like you have to deal with skunks there (insurance company) too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ... definitely skunks at the insurance company.

      Delete
  2. And that's why I don't pay attention to any numbers thrown out there by a government agency! I'm looking forward to the bingo stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly right Elva!! Who knows how long she had been doing that!! Bingo will be exciting ... or at least something to keep the old folks going! LOL.

      Delete
  3. That ongoing battle with the unwanted critters must be so frustrating to you. Hope you get that under control so you and your pups can enjoy your backyard. We'll be following your efforts/success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is getting old. I thought maybe they would disappear after a time, but it does not appear that's going to be the case.

      Delete
  4. Surprising those chocks will work. If you want something better, go to Harbor Freight and buy their Rubber Wheel Chock with Eyebolt for $14.99 each. They're a little heavier then what you got but will definitely do the job. They are what I use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Bill. Truth be told, I was looking for something a little taller that I didn't have to bend over so far to pick up! LOLOL

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your battle, cannot wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete