Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rain Rain Go Away - It's Giants Baseball Opening Day!!!

And it did!!!  But only after dumping 2 inches in a matter of minutes, along with some extra ice cubes, on my house, my lawn and my horses!!  Needless to say, the horses weren't very happy with being hit in the head with hail the size of golf balls.  There was so much water, it washed all the bark from my flower beds.
I wasn't kidding about the ice cubes.  I picked up several and put them in the freezer for my next soda!!
It did clear up just in time for the San Francisco Giants Baseball Opening Day 2012.   My friend Peter and I left early Friday morning to get a parking space at the Bart Station in Pleasanton.  It was pouring rain and very windy.   They say, God loves the Giants, because the clouds parted and the sun came out.  

Here's Matt Cain the pitcher throwing in the bullpen to catcher Buster Posey.  My seats are located 8 rows from the field, so I have a great view of them and the game.

Opening Day ceremonies always include a flyover ... my favorite part!!! They fly so low it looks like you can reach out and touch them.  The noise is deafening!!  As Nick says, "the sound of freedom".
Matt pitched an almost perfect game ... only one hit for the Pirates ... we won 5-0!!!!!  When San Francisco wins, the song "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" sung by Tony Bennett, is played.  It's really something to sit there at the end of a good game and hear that song.  We usually walk back to Bart from the park,  a mile and a half, checking out the sites.  At this spot, you will find different statues about every 3 months ... from a really creepy spider, to ragae dancers made of auto parts to this rocket ship ... you never know what you are going to see.  (I-phone image)
Of course the Bay Bridge is always a photo op ... especially when there are clouds.
A great day watching great baseball in my favorite City by the Bay!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment