LIZARD COUNTER: 24
It's morning once again and a fabulous 68 degrees. Maybe we will survive this heat wave after all. There is certainly not much to see today. Just a dark clear sky.
The day began with a record breaker. At 4:30 am I grabbed my first cup of caffeine and headed to the computer. Out of the corner of my little eye, I spotted it. A LIZARD ON MY COUNTER!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
How the heck did he get up there. No, Kitters has never been on the counter. Nor have I ever seen ANY lizard hanging out on ANY wall. They don't have the feet for it. Why am I inundated with lizards?
I distracted him with one hand while fast as lightning I grabbed him with the other. Okay, not quite fast as lightning, but I CAUGHT him and made an unceremonious trip to the front yard when he jumped into the bushes. NO MORE!!! Please NO MORE!! Let's get with the rain and cold so they go away!!
Sadly, that's all I've got today folks. I was so tired yesterday, still trying to get back on the right time schedule, that I did absolutely nothing. I even had company coming and didn't even vacuum.
She showed up in time for dinner at Habit Burger. Upon the last complaint about no chicken on the salad, they sent me coupons for TWO Char Burgers. I got this instead ... the Santa Barbara Char. I couldn't even eat half of it.
Hopefully today is just as exciting as yesterday so I can rest up for an epic Lodge Board Meeting tonight. I'm not looking forward to it one bit. Then I will have three glorious days of also doing absolutely nothing!!!
Sorry Kitters, but a kitty can never take the place of a puppy.

No comments:
Post a Comment