Wednesday, October 7, 2026

BINGO FAIL

 A good 3:30 in the morning to ye.  That's when I started this.  There's nothing like a rousing night of Bingo to give you three hours of sleep.  


But first ..... I have to wake up.  This was the view this morning, though much darker than the picture shows.  I did everything I could to go back to sleep, but with all the crap ... I mean happenings .... at Bingo last night, it was a lost cause.


Kitters spent the morning sleeping on the bed.  Not much of a watch cat, right?  In fact, she spent more of the night on my bed than I did.


I got a big surprise about 11:00 am when someone knocked on the door.  I hate it when that happens.  It's usually someone selling something I don't want and I'm not dressed for the occasion.

Amazingly, there was my new microwave on the porch.  See this hole?  It was once a wine fridge, until the previous owners took every appliance they could out of this house (and then some) when they declared bankruptcy.  This is where my microwave lived.  Out of the way and off the counters.


This is where the new one now lives.  It was delivered a day early.  Lucky I was home or it would have been stolen right off the porch.  Why is it on the counter?  Because I could not find the dimensions when I ordered it and it is too deep to fit in that hole.  I lost all of my mixing/baking countertop, but I now have a microwave.

The good news is that it works.  Of course nothing works the same as the old one, but it IS much quieter.  Company will appreciate not being woken up at 4:00 in the morning by the microwave.


YAY I CAN COOK AGAIN!  So what do I have for lunch?  A BLTT.  Bacon, lettuce, tomato and turkey sandwich.  I'm trying to use up the turkey and lettuce before it goes bad.


In a flash, it was time to head off to Bingo.  Mostly because I got a phone call asking me to please get there now.  Everything bingo is always an emergency.  Come to find out, someone ... and I will make this sound as nice as I can ... got some guy to come in and completely redo our sound system.  The important part is they did it without the Board's approval.  I hope they have a lot of money in their bank account to pay for it.

The entire system was locked up tight, so I could not set it up for bingo.  Not only that, but all the components were new ... well not new, they were USED ... but new to us.  Nothing even looked the same, let alone worked the same.  I made a phone call.  That did not make that person very happy at all.  She screamed at me and walked out when I told her she did not have approval to do that. All of a sudden, it wasn't done without permission ..... it was ON APPROVAL.  No it wasn't ... she already had the invoice in her phone.


She had to call the installer to come and explain how to set it up for us.  With it finally working for Bingo, we began calling the games.  An hour later there was a big POP and the system died.  She was called again to get it fixed.  We had to wait for the guy to show up, who had no idea about Bingo's requirements.  Maybe someone should have asked?  It blew some circuit because he had two microphones on the same frequency?  

The caller tried to call just using his voice, but that doesn't work in the back room.  No one could hear.

And so bingo ran 45 minutes late, meaning I got home at 11:00 and in bed at midnight.  You know how stuff you really want to say goes through your mind ALL NIGHT LONG.  Yeah, that's how it was last night.  I was awake at 3:00 and finally just got up at 3:20.  I'm hoping my morning cup of caffeine either wakes me up or puts me back to sleep.  I really don't need to deal with people like that and my Bingo career may be short lived!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment