Sunday, October 4, 2026

KITTY STALKING

 I'm finally getting closer to my normal sleep schedule.  I hate taking pills, but I took one whole Advil PM and it seemed to work.  I walked into the living room to see kitty butt watching for gophers.  Yup there's a pile of sand in the middle of the lawn.  I expect to see a dead gopher in my hallway any day now.  She is definitely a good hunter.


I would have had my cup of coffee on the patio this morning, but COW is here once again.  It must be the angle of the wind because the closest dairy is six miles away.  A much smaller breakfast followed after I got on the scales for the first time.  Still no microwave, so the same pot that heats my water on the stove, also cooks my egg.  My how I have become addicted to that microwave!


First things first ... I looked up the name of the guy who is supposed to repair my gutters.  I truly was expecting him to say NO.  This is not a guy who is Johnny on the spot.  He said he had an estimate he would send to me and maybe in three weeks, get to the job.  I have no doubt it will be raining by then, so I'm not holding my breath.

In the meantime, it's HOT.  Hotter than Maui for sure!!  Come ON ... IT'S OCTOBER!!  It should be in the 70's by now.


I figured I better change out the light bulbs on the porch before I got sun cooked.  Trouble is, I don't have any good lights to replace the ones that burned out.  Only three 15 amp bulbs could be found, which will barely light up the welcome mat, let alone the porch.  I added them to my very long shopping list.

Every time I turned around, guess who was there.


She was not the least bit happy to find me cleaning up the old dog feeder.  This hails back to the days of bird hunting.  I cleaned it up and taped the door open.  Yes, I'm feeding the outside kitties.  Good grief ... they have been dumped to fend for themselves, and two are starving.  I just cannot stand that.  


No they will not become house kitties.  At least this feeder will last a month or more when full with kitty food.  

Here's the littlest one ... a new baby who just appeared.  She or he seems to hang out with this other kitty, maybe for a little protection.  It had a bad limp before I left, which has sort of healed up a bit.  None of them dare wander in the back yard where Kitters rules.  They all stay out front.


I spent an exciting remainder of the day doing laundry.  Oh the fun!!  Kitters was never five feet from me.


Since I really had nothing to eat but cookies for dinner, I placed a Walmart order, delivered by a beautiful blond gal driving a Mercedes.  Good way to make extra money for school she said.  

Dinner was half a sandwich and some fruit with the last of the scoops.  This is what we ate most every day in Maui.  


Another two hours on the computer trying to balance my checking accounts and I was sufficiently frustrated for the day.  Then it was on to my phone.  I was panicking because my bank app didn't show the correct balance, so I deleted it to download again.  Seems now when you download apps, they put them where THEY want them, not where I want it.  After searching my phone, I finally found it under FINANCE.  Who knew there even WAS a finance block.  

And so another day passes by as I try to recover from the time change.  Three hours going forward was a breeze.  Three hours coming back the other direction has been a trial.  Walmart is on my radar for some things they only ship ... and I need them now.  Sunday at Walmart ... that should be fun.  Oh well ... it has been another beautiful sunny day in the neighborhood!!




1 comment:

  1. Kitters is a beautiful cat and so lucky he has you for his owner.
    Happy Sunday!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete