GOOD MORNING CALIFORNIA!!! Well here we are back in the big sunny state of Cali. I have to admit, it's not NEAR as hot as Maui. I'm guessing I didn't gain a lot of weight on this trip, in spite of all I ate, because it just melted off.
On the other hand, this is certainly not the spectacular sunrises I am now used to. Nor the perfect morning pictures.
THIS is the perfect morning picture because it's full of my fake coffee. Jet lag is real ... and not the least bit fun. I can't sleep at night and can't wake up in the morning. Hopefully I will get back to my old schedule soon. I'm happy my cups made it back unscathed too.
There was no rest however, as the year end audit of the Elks Lodge was on the schedule. I really have no use for this, mostly because there are always ... let's say little falsehoods ... stuck in here and there that irritate my soul.
It didn't help that I was late and forgot the binder of Trustee Meeting minutes. I'll give you three guesses why. Yes, it ramped up the lizard counter to .... what is it now ... 23???? After crawling on my hands and knees on the floor, I finally caught the guy and out the door he went. I grabbed my keys, but not the binder. MY BAD!!
At any rate, I skipped out on the SECOND part and headed downstairs to sell dinner tickets. Just look at this steak. First time ever, it is cooked to PERFECTION and rare. This is a large to-go box and it is completely full! There were also veggies, rolls and a salad, which I ate for dinner. THIS will be breakfast, lunch and dinner for today.
The meeting was long and boring. I'm just not a pomp and circumstance kind of girl. The second it was over, I raced down to the walk-in freezer. I knew that stuffed in the back was my recent purchase. OH YEAH ... these are pre-made chocolate chip cookies ... the best you have ever tasted. They cost me a small fortune, but you just take out five or six and bake them up. There's nothing like cookies fresh from the oven!!
There were FOUR of these huge bags and I had a hard time squishing them in the freezer, but I persisted. I may just have to try them out for a breakfast dessert!!
That's it ... that's all I've got for today. Hopefully things settle down and I can get somewhat back on schedule.
Just for giggles, I set my camera out last night to see what was lurking at my front door. Wasn't I surprised to find dozens of images. I'll post some tomorrow.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Welcome home, Nancy! I love your photos, dear friend! And your mugs are beautiful! The food looks delicious! I love your selfie!
ReplyDeleteYour mugs are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHopefully you can get a little rest today.
Frances:)