ALOHA once again! My cup of Joe was on the patio well before sunrise. There was a party of women last night who made a horrible racket until 2:30 in the morning. I think I got 3 hours of sleep. No worries, there is always another day to sleep.
I sat and listened to the birds chirping and the waves crashing.
The sunrise was worth getting up early for.
That's when the excavator went to work. I know ... I'm weird. I love operating heavy equipment. These guys are trying to shore up the damage on the seawall from the last storm that took out several feet of the bank, along with all the sand. The beach is now VERY rocky.
Just a quick shot of the flowers that line our huge grassy front yard.
And the lizards. OH so many lizards. It's a good thing Kitters isn't here. This one was a tad over 1" long, head to tail. Very dinosaur like.
By 8:00 we were off to snorkel a cove East of us. We found a tiny beach without too many big waves. What was bad however, was a VERY rocky bottom with big holes dug out by the storm. That makes it difficult to get your fins on.
Too bad the visibility wasn't the greatest. There was only one small pod of fish very far out. Cyndy and I figured out we are not in the shape we used to be!! Sorry no pictures. I left my phone in the car. Back to the pool we went. We call it Saltwater Therapy, followed by Chlorine Therapy.
From the pool, Cyndy and I headed off to her house up country. Her daughter and some friends are landing today for a weeks stay, and they require more snorkeling gear.
We got back just in time for dinner at the Monkey Pod. This is a restaurant with bar, but mostly bar on this night. Appetizers were half price, as were the drinks. It was a packed house. My dinner was three fish tacos for $23.00. The fish "plate" was about $45.00 and the only steak they serve, $58.00.
They also had pizza ... which I might have ordered until I saw their oven. Yes it's a pizza oven with a turntable, but there's no fire. It's a strobe light. Thus the tacos.
I would go back ten times over just for this. Strawberry cream pie ... homemade. This was to die for.
Back home once again, we watched the sunset from our lawn. Yup we are right across the street from the best beach on Maui.
This picture is from 2014 and this is where we snorkeled every year, sometimes several times a year, to see Big Momma and her baby. Hopefully the beaches and shore areas recover from the tropical storms quickly.
Last picture of the day ... the sun had set and the moon rose up high. The last little bit of lavender and pink covered the sky. If you come here, you can look forward to seeing this every single night.
Nope ... haven't forgotten my boy. I still think of him every minute of the day.



Again...such beautiful pictures. I've never been to Hawaii seeing your pictures makes me feel like I'm actually there.
ReplyDeleteHave fun!
Frances:)