Good Morning sunny California. It's WAY too early for me to be up after a night of Bingo, but here I am, yawning in my coffee.
I took a quick walk outside to check the temperatures and the back yard for foxeys. Kitters has been very reticent to go outside in the mornings now, so I expect they are cruising the back yards. They too are good at gopher hunting. Too bad they don't eat ants because you can't take one step in the corral without stepping on an ant hill.
The stars were out, but really hard to see with the house lights on.
So I took this one for your viewing pleasure. Yeah, I don't see any stars either.
So I pulled up photoshop and at least got SOME to show up. It's pretty amazing what that program can do to a cheap little phone picture. At least a few are visible. It's weird to me that all those things up there are just clouds of hydrogen and helium floating around. Here I always thought they were pieces of rock.
I digress. Here's my latest tip for all the small dog owners out there. It's a sweatshirt with a big zippered pocket on the front. Unzip it, stick your little doggie inside and zip it back up. Doggie puts his head through the hole. A great way to travel if you take your dog along. Even to the grocery store!!! I posted this for Cindy, Ray and Penny, their tiny little girl who travels with them.
Obviously there wasn't much going on this day. I did work on the quilt a bit, stitching sixteen of the little squares into four big ones. It shrinks quite a bit when you do that. Sometimes a shocking amount.
Breakfast was delicious. I took some of that sourdough sandwich bread out of the freezer and had an egg sandwich. If I could slice it a little thinner, it would be perfect. The best part ... the crust is much softer. I'll be making more of this one.
And so it was time to head on off to Bingo. But first ... I needed to fill my Jeep gas tank. I checked Gas Buddy and headed to the cheapest one. When fuel is expensive, it takes about $65.00 to fill the tank. I knew it was going to be bad, but this is ridiculous. It came to $100.00 for a 19 gallon tank that still had two gallons in it. And the State of California is trying to pass another gas tax hike. Right now, it's .7364 because they used the gas tax money for things other than fixing the roads. Oh yes, we are Numero Uno in the entire U.S. Not a good way to start the day at Bingo.
I was early, mostly because I can get a 4" thick piece of the best meatloaf sandwich in the State. No kidding, I don't know their secret, but everyone's LOVES their meatloaf. I should get the recipe. I eat half for lunch and the rest for dinner it's so huge.
Then it was on to getting a checklist for the Bingo kitchen. Not that we really need one for the PAID cook because he knows what he's doing. It's more for the helpers who need to learn how to REMEMBER the ropes.
Upstairs I signed checks and discussed the latest energy developments. As I'm sure you know, California is the worst state in the U.S. in which to abide. Here's why. We have solar energy for the lodge. We pay the solar company .174 cents per kilowatt hour. The State said let's screw the public basically ... excuse the language ... and switch the peak hours to 4:00-9:00, which is of course when most everything happens at the lodge and the air conditioners are running constantly. We pay PG&E .879 per kilowatt hour ... which is why we have a ridiculous true up bill. Pretty crazy, yes? Mine personally is .3976 per kWh.
Anyhoo ... on to Bingo. Our main caller didn't show up. No surprise. That's what happens when you call someone on the carpet for no reason in my opinion. They will be looking for a new caller, and NO ... it won't be ME.
My fairy Godmother didn't show up on this night, so counting went rather slow. I have a great stand-in, it just takes a little longer.
The gal who caused all the problems and got kicked out two weeks ago, came back and brought her MOTHER with her. The mother could stay, but the daughter was told she was banned from Bingo. Surprisingly, the mother agreed and told her to SHUT UP several times. They both finally left, but were told they could come back in November. Too bad because I have no use for people that STEAL.
The knives and torches only came out once, but this time against one of their own. How DARE you call bingo when you don't HAVE bingo. How the players know that without sitting next to them is beyond me.
The infernal machine took pity on me this night and balanced to a tee. It was very late and I was very tired, but took a quick look at the kitchen. They missed two boxes on the checklist, one being is the back door locked ..... AND they did not turn the fans off. I crawled along the walls trying to find the light switch before finally turning my phone on in order to hit the right button. They FAILED the test.
I hope everyone has a GREAT day. I'll be on the lizard hunt this morning, because the way Kitters is acting, I'm POSITIVE there is one loose in the house!!! Oh how I miss Cooper. He never did stuff like this!!




So when someone doesn't show up, do they give notice or do you not know until they don't show up?
ReplyDeleteMostly they do not give us notice ... they just don't show up. At least he let us know a couple of hours ahead, so we were able to get the other caller to stay all night.
DeleteBoys! The Bingo that I went to with my sisters was very mild. There was some laughter there was some interest in others and we enjoyed it. Yours sounds awful!
ReplyDeleteWow Bingo sounds like a busy night.
ReplyDeleteRest today if you can!
Frances:)
Mr. Ed asksIs your electric rate number decimal in the wrong spot. .879 ??or is it 87.9 Per kilowatt. And you’re looking for a glut for punishment and you’re considering Hawaii I don’t feel too bad Florida is only .15 per kilowatt. And by the way, the tax bill is only $305 per year gas prices, Cocoa, Florida Gas goes anywhere from 3.84to 4 $ although diesel is astronomically high, it’s 6.39 per gallon But on a brighter note, the average price of sourdough bread is only 3.89
ReplyDeleteI wonder if the folks just didn't know how to turn the fan off...and they may have thought the back door took a key to lock????
ReplyDelete