Sunday, September 27, 2026

HURRICANE UPDATE

UPDATE:  Here's a picture of the hurricane that we have been watching as it comes our direction.  We are the blue dot.  Lucky for us, it is turning west and falling apart.  Though we will get some rain and winds today, it won't be anything like what we were told to expect.  I get it ... better to say the sky is falling than have it fall when everyone is just looking up.


It has made for some gorgeous morning sunrises and moonsets.  
 

The moon went down shortly after the above image was taken .. about 5:20 I think ... but there was no color this time.  Overcast followed us through most of the day, which was a good thing.  It kept the temps a tad bit cooler ... like 85 instead of 89.


We finally ran into the maintenance man and told him our upstairs AC was NOT working.  I for one have been decimated by the heat.  He took one look and brought us another unit, so the upstairs isn't quite as bad as it has been.  September is NOT the best month of be here, other than there are less people.

After all that snorkeling we did over the last two days, everyone was exhausted.  That meant a day of doing nothing ... sort of.  You know me, I went shopping!!  First to the dive shop for this towel/blanket ... the neatest thing for beach use.  That was followed up by two turtle mugs from the ABC store.  FREE.  You save your receipts and get free stuff.


I hit Tiffanys, Louis Vuitton, Prada and Gucci.  No I didn't.  I hit up Tommy Bahama instead and picked up this perfect backpack for the plane ride home.  It will carry the cups and towel, along with the t-shirts that won't fit in my bag.  Oh ... and snacks for the plane.


Once back home, we all hit the pool.  There's rarely anyone in it and it's MUCH cooler than the condo.  


While laying on the lounge, I spotted this guy sipping the water beads off my bottle.  He is maybe 2" long.  They grow them small over here.


Dinner was a birthday party for two of four gals.  We went to the Maui Coast bar where they serve fabulous drinks and have live music.


Yessiree ... y'all know I don't drink hardly at all, so I ordered this Mai Tai with half a shot.  No use impressing the new folks by my staggering.  Though I didn't get a picture, I had fish with rice and a caesar salad.  Best meal ever for $23.00.  I was shocked at their cheap prices and how great the food was!!


Here's the girls we ate with ... family as it were ... the best time I've had in quite some time.  They just got in and will be staying a week while I check out and head back home in two days.  Sorry, no pictures of the wonderful meal.

Second best part ... Becca with the long hair went on to my return trip reservation where I had the dreaded MIDDLE seat.  She got it changed to a window seat.  YAY for window seats!  By the way, Becca is a pilot for Southwest.  Not a co-pilot ... THE PILOT.  Yes, she flies those crazy huge planes full of people.  That just amazes me every time I think about it.  Kind of like me on a D-10 cat ... only TEN times better.


That was it ... we came home to a somewhat cooler upper floor.  It's 77 right now, so may actually be conducive to sleep.  It's been a tough week, but that's what Advil PM is for.

I think we are going paddle boarding this morning.  At least THEY are.  I'll just snorkel the beach.




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are having a good time.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are beautiful and heartwarming, dear Nancy! It makes my day to know you are having such a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete