LIZARD COUNTER: 20
I can't believe it. It is a fabulous 55 degrees this morning. Boy am I loving this weather!! It also brings the weird and crazy to my back yard.
Yesterday when it was still dark out, I heard barking on my back lawn. I don't have a dog any more. I looked out the window to see a large chihuahua something or other looking across to the side yard, barking up a storm. What the heck?
I went out to see up close because there is no way a dog can get in my back yard. He disappeared in a flash. I grabbed a flashlight and went out to the corrals. Sure enough, there were green eyes staring back at me. Okay ... it must be a fox.
When it got light, I went out again and spotted a fox sitting on top of the fence. Okay, it wasn't a dog, it really was a fox. Ten minutes later I saw it again crossing the corral. That is NOT a fox. WHAT IS GOING ON?
Turns out there was a DOG, barking at a FOX in my back yard. When I called, the dog ducked through a hole in the fence. I looked out the front to see him running off down the street. How sad, the poor guy was so scared he disappeared in a flash. I think I know where he came from ... he has always been the barkiest dog on the block. I hope he finds his way home.
So in light of all that, I set up my game camera last night while I was gone to Bingo. We shall see if I filmed anything this morning. The above picture is from the old days of foxy visiting my yard on many occasions.
The fox never bothered the kitties hanging out here, so I hope Kitters is safe. Of course all she has to do is duck in the doggie door. This has now become her "morning" spot.
It is of course BINGO Tuesday, so I tried to rest up. It's interesting to me that Amazon now delivers most everything I order not only overnight, but between 4 am and 7am the next day. It's saving me a bundle on gas because it's FREE with a membership. Of course I take advantage constantly. This is a banneton, a fancy name for a wooden bowl for sourdough rising. It's French ... what can I say. Along with that came 100 (like I really need THAT many) shower caps to place over the top so it doesn't dry out. Next on my list is bagels.
I also got a small bottle of diatomaceous earth for the ants. I haven't used it yet, but I am fascinated to read that it's used to keep animal feed from clumping up. We never had THIS on the ranch!!
Just before leaving for the Magic Castle, I was perusing Facebook. Here's what I found. For those who laughed at my painted rocks hobby .... THIS is a painted rock ... done by a rockstar!! She is from Idaho and we are actually related, though I have not yet met her in person. This girl has talent!!!
Her husband worked and played for big name rock bands, and still sets up for them on occasion. These are just a couple of her amazing small rock paintings.
And so it was time to head on off to the Magic Castle of Bingo. I cleaned out my Jeep so as not to make such a bad impression on the Elks Member tire shop owner who was replacing all my tires. These tires are over ten years old and had been all across the U.S. and Alaska. I wasn't too worried because it has always been kept in a garage. Still, it was time.
I dropped it off and he drove me to the lodge. He said he would deliver it back to me when done so I would have it to drive home. Okay then!!! Truly the tires were not in that bad of shape, but I didn't want to take any chances driving to Sacramento a lot.
In no time the back room was full to the brim. Members can come in early and find a seat ... NON-members have to wait in the lunchroom until we begin to actually sell. There are arguments every time ... she walked in and set her purse down on the table. YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER!!! Oh my gosh ... they know every single person who is a member and allowed in early. I stay out of those fights.
They finally got the word and there was a mad rush to grab THEIR favorite seat. It's crazy!! I open my door and selling begins. My Lady in Waiting is the best counter of cards EVER! I love that girl! We worked together at the County for eleven years and she is the BEST!! Things went quite smoothly for three hours.
Yes, I sell for a total of FIVE hours. That's when it happened. We have a caller who tells DAD jokes. He's told some doozies, but on this night he told a bad one. The place went quiet and there were lots of hisses and moans. I'm sure there will be backlash from that!!
By 6:00 I was beginning to panic. The tire guy had not brought my keys to me. He was to return it to the lodge and drop them off ... I thought around 5:30. He was nowhere in sight, and no one, including me, had his phone number.
Finally one guy said he never gets out of the shop until 6:30 or 7:00. Sure enough, he showed up with my key at 7:00. Thank goodness because no one even lives CLOSE to my house and I didn't want to walk home!!!
There was only one other slight problem. The cook in the kitchen put up a sign saying they were out of hamburgers. No we are not OUT. There are five boxes of burgers in the freezer. Me thinks she was just tired of cooking them. I told one of the workers where they were. In the end, she cooked two more than necessary, so guess what! I got a DOUBLE cheeseburger to bring home. Better than throwing it away!!
The rest of the night went pretty good considering we weren't able to pay quite the maximum. I didn't have one single complaint. It was a miracle!! Hopefully that trend continues, though I won't hold my breath!!
I'll be checking the camera for foxy pictures today. See you tomorrow if the creek don't rise!!!!
Glad you got some new tires for your Jeep.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what shows up.on your game camera.
Happy Wednesday!
Frances:)