Monday, August 31, 2026

A LAZY BUM

 LIZARD TRACKER:  19-1/2


It was a nice cool morning in the Central Valley.  Oh yeah ..... 59 degrees!!!  No clouds and just a little sun when I headed out the door for a run.  Actually I had no intention of running, but that's always what happens.  It's an addiction.  I am very happy to report however that my lungs are now holding out for the entire distance.  The legs, not so much.  

I'm attributing that to the full moon.  Though it was two days ago, it's still full here.


Rolling right along, I ran into a guy pushing a baby carriage.  You meet the most interesting people on the road.  Speaking of the road, I finally figured out why my left leg hurt more than anything else.  I had forgotten that you always run on the left facing traffic.  Roads are not flat, they are always higher in the middle.  That means your left leg is just THAT MUCH lower than your right.  After a lot of running, it makes a HUGE difference.  


And so I'm back to running WITH traffic instead of against it, on the other side of the road, to even out the wear and tear.  You wouldn't think that would matter much, but it does.


It was nice to see the Oleanders in bloom.  The pink ones are beautiful!


Back home, I grabbed a cold bottle of juice.  This is for the electrolytes and whatever, but really, I just love it.  I only get half of a very cold 12 ounce bottle.  YUM!!


While fixing breakfast, I realized my let arm hurt like heck.  What's up with that?  That tendonitis is rearing its ugly head again.  I tried doing everything with my right hand.  You just don't know how much you use your left until you can't ... or shouldn't.

Patsy says these are her favorite, and I have to agree!!  It's full of eggs, cheese and tomatoes.


Here's my proclamation for the day.  It was National Toasted Marshmallow Day.  So I toasted up a few for good luck.  When I was home alone as a kid, and that was often, I would sneak some marshmallows from the cupboard and broil them in the oven.  You never tasted a better treat!!!  So I did it again for old times sake.


By noon, this was my arm, wrapped in a towel with an ice pack on it.  It helped, but not as much as the Tylenol I took about two hours later.


Lunch arrived in a flash.  How could I not make a grilled cheese with that sourdough onion bread.  Oh my Great Aunt Jessica!!!  I filled it with cheddar and gruyere and it was FABULOUS!!  I could have eaten three more.


I bet you are wondering about the 19-1/2 lizards.  Well .... as I was walking into the kitchen for the last piece of the cheesecake, I stepped on something kind of sticky.  NOOOOO ... well, not as bad as a lizard, but maybe worse?  It was a lizard TAIL.  JUST the tail.  No telling where the rest of him went.  I searched the house for an hour and found nothing.  Big sigh.  Anyone want to adopt a cat??????

To add insult to injury ... I grabbed the last piece of cheesecake and smothered it in plum jam.  The first big bite fell right off the fork and down my shirt.  WHO DOES THAT?  Sorry no pictures and the shirt landed in the wash.  I'm blaming it on the lizard!!

 I was a lazy bum all day as the sun set in the back yard.  Maybe tomorrow I'll have more gumption!!


Still miss him so much .........




6 comments:

  1. To stop your arm from hurting when you run, relax your grip, drop your shoulders, and keep your arm swing moving straight forward and back instead of across your body.Arm pain during a run usually comes from muscle tension, tight grip, or poor upper body posture that overworks your shoulders, biceps, and forearms.Fix Your Running FormSoften your hands: Do not clench your fists. Pretend you are holding a potato chip gently between your fingers without crushing it.Drop your shoulders: Keep your shoulders down and back, away from your ears, to stop your upper traps from tightening up.Swing from the shoulders: Drive the motion from your shoulder joint rather than your elbows or forearms.Stop crossing the midline: Keep your arms swinging forward and backward like a train on tracks. Swinging across your body wastes energy and strains your upper body. Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your arm. Rest it if you can.
    Your sandwich looks delish!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love one of your Grilled Cheese sandwiches. Oh my, it looks melt in your mouth delicious! You are to be commended for your dedication to making the quilts for the Veterans. To me, it is so satisfying when they are presented. Ran across a photo of a Quilt of Valor I made for a friend (has now passed). This very reserved man had tears when I presented it to him. The quilts really mean so much to the recipients. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bunnies in the background , Grilled Cheese looks yummy and another sweet Cooper picture. Hope your arm feels better.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, your grilled cheese looks scrumptious!!! I am not familiar with tendonitis, dear friend. If it is like a muscle ache, what I use is Absorbine Jr. extra strength. It is a liquid that penetrates the pain right where it is and works faster than Tylenol. I often use it if I have a sore neck or some kind of muscle ache. I recommended it to a friend and she finds it works very well for her!
    I had diverticulis 4 years ago and what I learned from the doctors is that liquid antibiotics (via intravenous) work faster than pills.
    Having learned this, I decided to try the Absorbine Jr. to see if the same applied in this instance....yes, it really does!
    And often I don't even need to take Tylenol, as the Absorbine Jr. works very quickly and eases the pain for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy, I wanted to add something. If tendonitis is not like a muscular ache (such as arthritis or a sore neck or back), perhaps the Absorbine Jr. extra strength won't be good for the pain. However, I always have a bottle of it in my apartment because I sometimes wake up with a sore neck or some other similar type of pain and it works wonders for me.

    ReplyDelete