LIZARD COUNTER: 18
Sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind and finish the job. I've been walking by the sewing room faster and faster so as not to go in. There was lots of work to be done in there and I wasn't in the mood.
However ... since my finger is better and the ants have stayed away, I could not come up with a reason not to GET TO WORK!
This is the first of the embroidered quilts. I covered up his name, even though I doubt this will be a surprise. I took the bottom off because it was too long, cut off a portion and sewed it back on. I then cut two huge pieces to sew together to make the background. At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm taking these four quilts to the Quilt Shop for quilting. I just don't trust my machine.
Even if it messed up on these, I can usually fix it so it's not noticeable. This one got the binding completed today. Hand sewing is not my FAV, but it looks nicer. This one is also "puffier", thus the weird look.
And another one ... binding complete. I just took a picture of the back so you can see what they look like.
Lunch came around rather quickly, I suppose because I was so busy. I picked these up at Wally World for when I hate to cook ... which is often. I think it was $2.94 and only 360 calories. The test was "does it look the box when cooked".
NO ... the answer is always NO. I added parmesan for more flavor, and to be hones, it was quite good. Big chunks of chicken and broccoli in a cheesy sauce, though it could have used MORE cheese.
Back to the coal mine I went. I cut and sewed binding on this quilt and actually stitched it down by hand once again. Yessiree, I was busy!!
Last one for the day. No I didn't stitch it down, I just sewed it on. By this time I had had enough!!! This is the LAST of twelve quilts, not counting the embroidered ones. Just for the record, I'm not doing this any more. It's just too much work.
I got a lot accomplished in one day as far as quilts go. I still have three of four embroidered ones to do when I get the panels on Thursday. Hopefully by then I won't have lost my get up and go!!
Dinner was simple ... cheesecake. This time with boysenberry syrup which was supposed to be jam. I still vote for the plum.
The finger looks good .... almost perfect .... except I have to take those horse pills for SEVEN more days. I'm pretending I'm Cooper. For every pill I have to take, I get a Reese's pumpkin peanut butter cup treat because I was a good girl.
That's when I noticed Kitters acting weird. Sure enough ... she is SO territorial ... she spotted this guy cleaning up some scraps. NO ... it is NOT coming in the house. I'm sure Kitters would not allow it and truly, I don't want any more critters.
The sun went down and gave us a little color on this day, but the temps are still very high in the sky.
Anyone want to play the ball game?????
No comments:
Post a Comment