Friday, August 28, 2026

EXHAUSTED BUT STILL GOING

LIZARD COUNTER:  19


The tire smoke prevailed on this morning, making for another sunrise.  It's hard to appreciate once you go outside and SMELL it!!  Yes, it's still burning.


My plan was to relax, but alas, that is apparently not in my blood.  I just can't seem to sit still.  Luckily Miss Kitters keeps watch over me ... every single morning.  
 

I was off and running at 8:30 heading two towns over to pick up the embroidery work for the last two quilts.  My plan was to stop in at the fabric shop and look for a weird color of peach.  At the Elks meeting, one of my friends brought in her great-grandmothers quilt that was unfinished.  She wanted me to see if I could finish it for her.

As always, it is not good news.  Fabrics that old shred very easily and actual quilting cannot be done.  It will have to be hand tied with yarn.  It's flowers with peachy centers, all hand sewn.  I told her we could at least find something to fill in the few holes that were left.  If I could find just one small piece of weird white-ish fabric, we could finish the scallops sides, but I don't think that will happen.

The fabric shop?  It was closed until 10:00 and it was only 9.  Back home I went.  Of course that didn't last long, I was off to the Lodge for a couple of quick discussions before I decided Hobby Lobby was my best bet.

Lookie here!!!  There sits 14 yards of fabric $10.00 a yard.  MUCH better than its original price of $13-18.00.  No peachy stuff was found.  This will become Veteran quilts.


Bored to tears by 2:00, I finished number two quilt and backed it with the blue above.  Gee ... only two to go.  I'm pretty sure I will take these to the fabric shop and have them quilted.  I just don't trust my machine and I don't want to ruin any embroidery work.


Kitters still keeping watch, though it seems she's sleeping on the job!!


That's it ... that's all I did on this day.  Oh but WAIT ..... to make it even more FUN, I accidentally left the patio light on last night.  I woke up to scratching noises by the bedroom door.  INSTANT RECOGNITION.  That DARN CAT had another lizard.  What is UP with her???  I grabbed it and headed for the door.  At least I was awake enough to turn the alarm off before I opened it.  BIG SIGH!     

Here's a couple of off the wall things ....... I keep the cheesecake in this upside down bowl.  I discovered this many years ago and laugh that it's now applauded by everyone on Facebook!!


And this ..... which I haven't tried yet.  Everything on the ranch was either fried in beef tallow or bacon fat.  It was put in the huge pot of cowboy beans, boiled with green beans and anything else that needed flavor, before digging to the bottom of the jar and greasing equipment.  No kidding .... this stuff is versatile.  I haven't tried this brand before, so it should be interesting.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Our Lodge switched to beef tallow and the flavor was awesome.  That is until they left it in the fryer a little too long.  


Here's Coop, waiting for SOMEONE to toss the moose for him.  Rarely did he ever actually let you throw it.  The game was to grab it before you did!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment